2 Financial Analysts
Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Deadline of this Job:
20th January 2017, 5.00 pm
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999 (Chapter 145, Laws of Uganda). The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import and Distribution of electrical energy in Uganda.
The Authority seeks to recruit competent and well-motivated persons to ﬁll vacant positions in its establishment. The positions are contractual, running for an initial ﬁve (5) year period, subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Position: 2 Financial Analysts
Reports to: Manager, Financial Services, Department of Financial Services
- To analyze the audited ﬁnancial statement of the Licensees vis-a-vis the assumptions embedded in the tariffs.
- To analyze the ﬁnancial feasibility of the Licensees and permit applicants and validate ﬁnancial claims through effective reconciliations.
- To undertake the analysis of Licensee investment plans and verify completed investments.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review the audited ﬁnancial statements of Licensees vis—a-vis the assumptions embedded in the tariffs approved by the Authority.
- Monitor and analyze the quarterly, bi-annual and annual ﬁnancial performance of Licensees vis-a-vis the assumptions in the tariffs approved by the Authority. A
- Evaluate the ﬁnancial feasibility studies submitted by the intending developers as well as licensed companies and advise on the appropriate return on investment (ROI) and the Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC).
- Undertake the review and analysis of investment plans and conduct the veriﬁcation of investments undertaken by licensees.
- Undertake a review of UEB successor budgets and monitor the licensees’ performance on the approved budgets.
- Contribute to the production of the periodic sector performance reports.
- Develop and maintain an investment veriﬁcation data base and ensure it’s up to date.
- Train licensees and follow up on the implementation of Uniform System of Accounts (USoA).
- Carry out any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualiﬁcations, Experience and Age Limit
- An Honours degree in either Commerce (Finance or Accounting), Business Administration (Finance or Accounting) from a recognized institution.
- Full professional qualiﬁcation such as ACCA, CFA or CPA.
- Must have three (3) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience of working in the banking sector or an Auditor in an audit ﬁrm will be added advantage.
- Should be between 25 -35 years old.
Other essential attributes
- Proﬁciency in relevant computer packages
- Should have good Analytical skills
- Good communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Report writing skills
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit their application letters and enclosed copies of:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (indicating daytime telephone number (s) and email address and daytime telephone numbers and email addresses of three Referees).
- Relevant certiﬁcates.
Applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
THE MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES at ADMINISTRATION ELECTRICITY REGULATORY AUTHORITY PLOT 15, SHIMONI ROAD P.O. BOX 10332, KAMPALA
To reach the above address by 20th January 2017, 5.00 pm; Applicants who do not meet the stipulated minimum requirements need not apply.
Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of the ERA Secretariat shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualiﬁcation. ERA is an equal opportunities employer.