Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA)
Deadline of this Job:
20th January 2017, 5.00 pm
The Electricity Regulatory Authority (ERA) is a statutory body established in accordance with the Electricity Act, 1999 (Chapter 145, Laws of Uganda). The Act empowers ERA to regulate the Generation, Transmission, Sale, Export, Import and Distribution of electrical energy in Uganda.
The Authority seeks to recruit competent and well-motivated persons to ﬁll vacant positions in its establishment. The positions are contractual, running for an initial ﬁve (5) year period, subject to renewal upon satisfactory performance.
Reports to: Manager, Planning and Research, Department of Economic Regulation
- To setup and manage a robust centralized database of the Electricity Supply Industry (ESI) statistics.
- To analyze ESI statistics and other relevant information and prepare timely and quality industry statistics and performance reports.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Design and manage a robust centralized data gathering/management system (databases) for all ESI data.
- Design/revise existing data collection tools for collecting ESI and administrative data.
- Establish and use robust data checking and cleansing tools to assure data integrity/quality.
- Produce weekly, monthly and quarterly statistical datasets, bulletins, and management papers.
- Produce quality and timely industry performance reports on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Package and disseminate statistical datasets, bulletins and reports to internal and external customers through online and off-line in soft and/or hardcopy formats.
- Excellent data collection and database management skills
- Good knowledge and experience in multivariate techniques such as analysis of variance, hypothesis testing, generalized linear models, and time-series analysis.
- Very good data presentation and report writing skills
- Ability to achieve deadlines to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders. A
Qualiﬁcations, experience and age limit
- An honours degree in either Statistics, quantitative Economics or Science with Economics and Statistics from a recognized university.
- A Master’s degree in Statistics and Economics from a recognized university.
- Five (5) years relevant working experience in data collection and management; and regular report writing.
- Demonstrable knowledge of use of SQL or-oracle databases is desirable.
- Should be not more than 35 years old.
- Job application procedure
Applicants should submit their application letters and enclosed copies of:
- Detailed Curriculum Vitae (indicating daytime telephone number (s) and email address and daytime telephone numbers and email addresses of three Referees).
- Relevant certiﬁcates.
Applications should be delivered preferably by recorded delivery, addressed to:
THE MANAGER, HUMAN RESOURCES at ADMINISTRATION ELECTRICITY REGULATORY AUTHORITY PLOT 15, SHIMONI ROAD P.O. BOX 10332, KAMPALA
To reach the above address by 20th January 2017, 5.00 pm; Applicants who do not meet the stipulated minimum requirements need not apply.
Members of the Electricity Regulatory Authority or Staff of the ERA Secretariat shall not be accepted as referees. Canvassing or any attempt thereof will lead to immediate disqualiﬁcation. ERA is an equal opportunities employer.