2 Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants
Deadline of this Job:
not later than 20th January 2017
Strengthening Human Resources for Health project (SHRH) is a 5 year USAID funded project Implemented by lntraHealth International in Uganda. The objective of SHRH project is to strengthen the capacities of central ministries, local governments, health professional councils, PNFPs and health training institutions to effectively and efﬁciently plan and manage the health workforce in Uganda for improved health and HIV/AIDS services and better health outcomes.
The Monitoring and Evaluation Assistants assist the M&E Manager in implementation of the project monitoring, evaluation and learning activities to provide information for tracking progress towards project targets and outputs. They will also assist the M&E Manager in conducting evaluations and special assessments to measure project results and impact and identifying lessons for documentation and adaptation.
Working under the guidance of the M&E Manager, this position will be responsible for undertaking tasks to accomplish the following key project outputs:
- Project Monitoring Evaluation and Learning plan operationalized.
- Annual monitoring, evaluation and leaming work plans and related budgets developed.
- Project activities and progress towards targets and outputs monitored.
- Real time data availed to determine implementation progress.
- Key studies and evaluations conducted to assess_ project results, lessons and sustainability.
- Data quality monitored and maintained.
- Assisting M&E Manager in implementing Project Monitoring Evaluation and Learning plan.
- Assisting M&E Manager in developing, implementing annual and quarterly M&E work plans and project Learning Plan.
- Assisting M&E Manager in developing data collection tools and training staff and partners in their use.
- Assisting M&E Manager in collecting and analyzing data from the ﬁeld sites to measure progress towards project targets and outputs.
- Supporting M&E Manager in preparation of project reports.
- Entering data into project M&E databases and ensure all the databases are updated.
- Conducting data quality audits in ﬁeld sites for quality assurance purposes.
- Participating in evaluations to measure project results and document lessons learned
- Supporting project teams and partners to understand project M&E requirements and procedures including indicators, deﬁnitions and targets.
- Maintaining an updated ﬁling system for all project M&E reports and documents.
- Contributing to activities and work teams as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE AND COMPETENCES
- A bachelor's degree with strong bias in quantitative and qualitative methods e.g. in ﬁelds of economics, statistics, health, social sciences, development or a relevant discipline.
- Hands on training in Monitoring and Evaluation is vital.
- Applied skills and experience in implementing monitoring and evaluation activities and research for HRH or related tasks.
- A minimum of 1 years’ experience in Monitoring and Evaluation in a complex and changing environment preferably in an NGO environment with a focus on development, preferably in the ﬁeld of health.
- Applied knowledge of and experience in using monitoring evaluation and research methods,
- Demonstrable analytical skills and critical thinking to evaluate best practices, challenges and solutions to improve program monitoring and execution.
- Experience using effective M&E techniques e.g. performance dashboards and other electronic /digital tools to easily understand implementation progress and impact.
- Previous experience working on USAID funded project is prefened
- Strong writing and organization skills for reporting on M&E and program results.
- Self-starter with demonstrated competence to assess priorities; manage a variety of complex activities in a time-sensitive/ emergency environment, and meet competing deadlines, with attention to detail and quality.
- Ability to work as an effective team member in a complex and fast paced environment
- Experience working with districts and other government ofﬁces,
- Ability to travel upcountry for at least 50% of time.
- Experience conducting data analysis using statistical and/or qualitative software packages (i.e. SPSS, Epidata SAS, STATA, Nvlvo, Atlas.ti) highly desirable.
- Develops new, better or signiﬁcantly different ideas, methods, solutions or initiatives that result in improvement of lntraHealth’s performance and meeting objectives, results and global commitments.
- Holds self and others accountable for all work activities, research and personal actions and decisions; follows through on commitments and focuses on those activities that have the greatest impact on meeting measurable high quality results for lntraHealth’s success. Exercises ethical practices, respectful words and behaviors, and equitable treatment of others in all activities.
- Service Excellence
- Knowledge of and ability to put into action customer service concepts, processes and techniques to access internal and/or external client needs and expectations and meet or exceed those needs and expectations through providing excellent service directly or indirectly.
- Effective Communication (Oral and Written)
- Understands effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, explain complex technical concepts in simple, clear language appropriate to the audience; and receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors
- Planning and Organizing
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed upon strategies; identiﬁes priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; and monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary.
- interpersonal Relationships
- Knowledge of and the ability to effectively interact within and across Divisions, Departments/Country Ofﬁces in a constructive and collaborative manner.
WORKING CONDITIONS I PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Willingness and ability to work independently with all stakeholders.
- Willingness to accept additional responsibilities.
- Willingness to work overtime when necessary.
- Willingness to travel throughout Uganda to work with partners and key stakeholders, and potentially internationally, as required.
Job application procedure
Applications are invited from suitably qualiﬁed ugandans to ﬁll the following vacant posts. Applications should be addressed to the senior hr & administration ofﬁcer and should be sent by email to jobs-uganda@intrahealth.Org to be received not later than 20th January 2017.
Applicants should attach a current cv and photocopies of their certiﬁcates and testimonials to their application Total ﬁle size of attachments should not exceed 2mb. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted. Intrahealth international, inc. ls an equal opportunity / afﬁrmative action employer.