- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
2 Assistant Accountants
Uganda Post Limited
Deadline of this Job:
25th February 2019
Date Posted: 11th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Uganda Post Limited T/A Posta Uganda is inviting qualiﬁed persons who meet the stated minimum requirements to apply for the following vacancies which exist within the company
Job Title: 2 Assistant Accountants
ReportsTo: Manager, Finance
Provide support to the ﬁnance team in the maintenance, reporting, management of the company ﬁnancial resources and administration and advice accordingiy in reiation to the Company's overall accounting process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide ﬁnancial information including analysis ofthe ﬁnancial status and projected out-turns and participated in the production of standard accounting reports.
• Provide support in the development of budgets, monitor budgets 8t savings and ensure signiﬁcant items are correctly reported in consistency with the department‘s priorities.
• Ensure that correct accounting policies are being applied when budgeting and analyze spend proﬁles and ensure they are in line with budget and priorities.
• Reconcile total value of receipts with physical cash, bank slips for all bank deposits, brokers’ fees receipts and record in the register.
• Maintain terminal dues and phiiateiy iedgers, prepare payroll on memory soft , capture payroll on pastel produce monthly pay slips, capture payment vouchers and update ﬁles for Philately Contracted Agents, and attach signed agreements
• Obtain up-to-date contracts from Legal Department rental income desk, contracted customers desk at EMS, GPO, DPO’s and sorting Centre and update the register as per contracts signed.
• Perform general accounts receivables and payabies functions for instance Prepare and submit customer invoices code, post and receipt payments and coordinate deposit activities.
• Monitor customer accounts for non-payment or deiayed payment and check, verify and process invoices Sort, code and enter accounts payable data.
• Develop ad hoc reports that address operationai requirements and ensure that ﬁnancial information tells a clear and complete story.
• Reconcile debtor’s balances against the client’s documentation for EMS, Postage Prepaid, Mail bags, Easy mail and all Tenants.
• Bachelors’ Degree (Honors) in Accounting (Commerce, Business Administration, Financial Management or Accounting) from a recognized University.
• Preference shall be given to people already pursuing professional accounting courses
Three years’ experience in a similar function
• Knowledge of ﬁnancial and management reporting
• interpersonal skills
• Communication skills
• Analytical skills
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should send their application letter; attach certiﬁed copies of academic transcripts and certiﬁcates, and a detailed CV, to reach the address below not later than 25th
The Head, Department of Human Resource and Administration
R0. Box 7106, Kampala
Applications received after the deadline will not be considered
Candidates who do not receive feedback within a month's time from the deadline should consider their applications unsuccessful