2 Assistant Project Engineering Officers
Rural Electrification Agency ( REA )
Deadline of this Job:
October 18, 2017
The Republic of Uganda received a loan from the Islamic Development Bank for the implementation of the Opuyo-Moroto 132 kV Electricity Transmission Line and Distribution Project to extend the backbone of the national electricity grid by construction of approximately 160km of 132kV transmission line.
To achieve this project REA wishes to recruit suitably qualified nationals keen to join a vibrant team and a very dynamic work environment.
Post: 2 Assistant Project Engineering Officers
Reporting through the Project Coordinator, the Assistant Project Engineering Officer (APEO) shall work under the Project Management Unit (PMU), to represent the Agency at the project site, confirm the progress of construction on a day to day basis, and to ensure quality and workmanship compliance, while also liaising with key stakeholders to ensure smooth implementation of the following distribution projects;
- Lot 3: Moroto-Nakapiripirit, Moroto-Moroto Cement Factory and Moroto-Katikekile, Schemes in Amudat and Nakapiripirit
- Lot 4: Moroto-Kotido-Kabong, Kotido-Abim with Tee-off to Kacheri, Namakora-Karenga-Kidepo.
Residing in the project area, the Assistant project Engineering Officer will be responsible for;
- Assisting with the overall field contract management, administration and coordination on behalf of the client
- Monitoring the contractor's activities in accordance with schedule, design specifications and contractual requirements.
- Supervision of construction work for quality compliance ensure supply and use of quality materials as per the contract ensure adherence to construction standards and good engineering practices during installation review and recommend change orders and or instructions audit poles delivered to site
- Maintaining a daily work log
- Overseeing and coordinate the entire value chain including suppliers, subcontractors and key stakeholders to mitigate any risks.
- Preparation of test protocols, schedule and facilitate network pre-commissioning and commissioning.
- Facilitating site meetings and handover of completed network.
- Conducting periodic defects liability inspections/audits, generate snag lists and follow-up correction of snags.
- Reporting on progress, commitment and performance of the supervision consultan
- Participation of key stakeholders during implementation of the project including the local community and service providers.
- Any other duties as specified by the Head of Department.
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a diploma in Electrical Engineering, a BSc. in Electrical Engineering will be an added advantage.
- Demonstrable Working experience of at least 3 years in power line construction.
- A valid class B ERA installation permit will be an added advantage.
- Experience in project management.
- Experience in power system, commissioning and maintenance practices.
- Computer literate and able to use Ms. Office applications for project management and report writing.
- A valid driving license
- Must be below 40 years of age.
Terms and conditions of Service:
- Six (6) months probationary period.
- Two (2) years contract
- An attractive remuneration package.
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should by; October 18, 2017 submit expression of interest including detailed Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic documents together with names of three professional referees (and their email / day time telephone contacts) and clearly stating the preferred Lot to:
The Executive Director
Rural Electrification Agency ( REA )
Plot 10 Windsor Loop, Kololo
2nd Floor, House of Hope
P.O. Box 7317 Kampala - Uganda.
REA IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER