- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
2 Dreams Program Officers
Jobs at:John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Deadline of this Job:
21st June 2019
Date Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
John Snow, Inc (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for various positions for the USAID-Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (USAID-RHITES-N, Lango) Project. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally- driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high- impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations. RHITES-N, Lango is a five-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Doctors with Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
Job Title: Dreams Program Officer
Report to: DREAMS Program Manager
Number of vacancies: 2
Location: Lira and Oyam
Contract Terms: Fixed Term
Job Summary: The DREAMS Officer will support the District health teams to comprehensive DREAMS package to Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYW) in the region.
• Take lead in, and provide overall oversight over and coordination of implementation of DREAMS services at health facilities for the RHITES-N, Lango project.
• Build the capacity of the District teams, Facility and community health workers to provide services on DREAMS initiative as per the National guidelines
• Provide technical assistance for DREAMS services through trainings and on site mentorship activities using the national curriculum, guidelines and protocols
• In collaboration with the M&E team, ensure that reporting and documentation of results from the DREAMS implementation is done timely and is of acceptable quality (ensuring accuracy and timeliness), ensuring timely updated of the DREAMS tracker
• Closely coordinate with Ministry of Health and roll out the implementation of DREAMS services
• Work closely with the project M&E team to ensure regular updates of the DREAMS tracker and accurate and timely reporting.
• Strengthen referral and linkages between health facility and community service delivery points for the identified AGYW
• Support establishment of community and facility Quality Improvement teams to support implementation of AGYW risk reduction plans
• Strengthen coordination among other DREAM partners in the region
• Develop plans and budgets and submit quarterly, annual and ad hoc DREAMS progress reports
• Represent the project at DREAMS meetings including Ministry of Health and USAID DREAMS technical working group activities.
• Conduct operational research activities involving the project supported health facilities
• Identify and document best practices
• Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Health and or related discipline
• At least three years’ work experience with DREAMS
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills coupled with project management abilities
• Ability and willingness to travel within the supported districts
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV to not later than June 21, 2019. JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply.