- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
2 Medical Supply Chain Officers
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
5:00pm, Friday, 21st June 2019
Date Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of Greater Masaka Region in Uganda.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Supply Chain Officer supports in monitoring and providing on-site support of medical logistics management in the supported districts/health facilities according to MOH standards. He/she will ensure close monitoring of medicines and health supplies. He/she will further ensure adequate supply of quality medicines, responding to dynamic changes in demand, managing increased volumes of commodities and minimizing pilferage and misuse..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Support health facilities to develop pharmacy systems and annual procurement plans.
• Provide technical assistance, mentorships and CMEs in medicines and health supplies management and disseminate information updates regarding logistics management.
• Support health facilities in ordering and reporting for medicines and health supplies as per the warehouse schedule.
• Support health facilities and medicine management supervisors to implement RX solution, RASS and SPARS and submit timely required reports.
• Strengthen pharmacovigilance and adherence issues in the supported health facilities.
• Develop and follow up on activity plans developed with the focal logistics personnel in the district health facilities.
• Participate in verification of medicines and health supplies on delivery to the health
• facilities and submit order fulfillment reports.
• Support health workers in their dispensing, stock management, and storage management practices.
• Participate in the redistribution of medicines and health supplies in the supported districts.
• Participate in budgeting for supply chain activities, requisitioning and appropriately account for the disbursed funds.
• Any other assigned duties in line with your roles.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• The ideal applicant should have minimum qualification of a diploma in Pharmacy or nursing
• The Candidate must have at least 2 years’ experience in pharmacy practice in HIV care and treatment
• 2 years’ experience in health commodities inventory management.
• Active Registration with the Allied Medical Practitioners Council
• Experience in working in a district led program is an added advantage.
• Computer Knowledge and skills
• Experience in using WAOS, TWOS & RX solution.
• Good presentation and report writing skills
• Communication skills and ability to speak the local languages.
• Ability to work under minimal supervision
Job Education Requirements: Diploma degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years’ experience
Job application procedure
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com . Kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Friday, 21st June 2019 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification