- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
3 District Health Information Officers
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
5:00pm, Friday, 21st June 2019
Date Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of Greater Masaka Region in Uganda.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The District Health Information Officer (DHIO) shall mentor district medical clerks in proper capture and management of HMIS data collected from health facilities and communities. They will also provide support in entry, cleaning and analysis of data captured for project purposes..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Support and mentor the health facility medical records clerks in the following:
• Recording patient visits and other registration data in appropriate HMIS tools.
• Preparing patient files for the clinic day.
• Filing all patient files at the end of the clinic.
• Filing all laboratory test results and other records in their appropriate files.
• Ensuring that the medical records room is orderly, and all files accounted for.
• Ensuring completeness, consistency and accuracy of data captured in the HMIS.
• Electronic capture of patient care records.
• Timely compilation of the routine HMIS reports.
• Ensuring availability of required HMIS tools i.e. registers, forms, guidelines etc.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor’s degree in Quantitative Economics, Statistics, Population Studies, Computer Science &Information Technology (IT) or another related field.
• Possession of postgraduate qualification in M&E is an added advantage.
• Knowledge of Information Systems (HMIS, DHIS, HIBRID& Open MRS); Mentoring skills; Team Leader; Understanding of Local Government Structures, Knowledge of PEPFAR MER Ver,2.3 indicators.
• Minimum of 2 years professional M&E work experience in a busy health setting with a major role of preparing activity reports and accountabilities.
• To work with RHSP, one must possess degree of integrity with reasonable work ethics.
• Willingness to work in rural areas and execute work with minimal or no supervision and remain accountable.
• Demonstrable knowledge in: M&E, Data Management, Research& Quality Assurance.
• Advanced computer skills in STATA, MS Excel and MS Access is an added advantage.
• Ability to ride a Motorcycle is an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 2 years’ experience
Job application procedure
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to email@example.com. Kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Friday, 21st June 2019 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification