- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
3 Senior Study Nurse
Jobs at:Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
Deadline of this Job:
16th October 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
SENIOR STUDY NURSE (3 positions).
The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) seeks to hire 3 suitable candidates
for the position of SENIOR STUDY NURSE for a new project called the TB Screening
Improves Preventive Therapy Uptake (TB SCRIPT) Trial. This is a Kampala
based position. .
Duties and Responsibilities
• Participate in counseling and general management of study participants according to the study protocol
• Screen, schedule, consent, enroll, and follow study participants;
• Provide TB treatment and fill the TB treatment register;
• Participate in data collection and cleaning;
• Collect blood and sputum specimens and transport to laboratory when needed;
• Communicate closely with locally and internationally based Study Investigators by email and weekly telephone conferences;
• Carry out performance management and Supervision of Clinic personnel in day-to-day conduct of study including the making of rosters for all Study Nurses on duty.
• Assist to develop and review study documents including Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs);
• Coordinate timely submission of applications to local research ethics committees.
• Preparing weekly work plan/schedules
• Oversee patient transport reimbursement and carryout accountabilities for
clinic petty cash as per IDRC procedures.
• Maintain accounting records and review monthly expenditures with Study Coordinator for the TB SCRIPT Trial grant;
• Keeping good records of stock, medicines and other clinical supplies.
• Organizing monthly inventory and request for procurement of office supplies as delegated
Required qualifications and other desirables for the job:
• Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
• Prior experience working as a Clinic Manager, Senior Study Nurse on trials and/or
• longitudinal studies
• Good working knowledge of TB and HIV care and treatment
• Fluency in Luganda.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
• Demonstrate experience with management of study data.
• Excellent communication, organizational and interpersonal skills
• Ability to work under stringent deadlines and to work independently
• Excellent attention to detail
Job Education Requirements: Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Nursing
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Applications should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
Plot 2C, Nakasero Hill Road next to Uganda Blood Bank.
P. O Box 7475 Kampala, Uganda. This advert can also be found on
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Wednesday 16th October 2019
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission: Current CV, typed application letter, the contact details of three work related referees not relatives and copies of academic certificates.
3. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render the applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
4. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
5. ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.
6. IDRC does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process neither does it use the services of any recruitment agencies.