- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Deadline of this Job:
20th February 2019
Date Posted: 7th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Job Title: Driver (4)
Reports To: Fleet Officer
Country/Location: Kiryandongo and Kyangwali in Hoima (2) and Kampala (2) /Uganda,
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) carries out the commitment of the Bishops of the United States to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations.
We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
CRS has worked in Uganda since 1965, initially providing emergency assistance to Sudanese refugees living in the north. Over the years, CRS has expanded its programming to also address development needs in western, central and eastern Uganda. CRS’ projects in Uganda currently include agriculture, health, microfinance, peacebuilding and youth. CRS Uganda implements its programs through partnerships with local organizations, including the Catholic Church, other faith-based organizations and community entities for maximum impact and sustainability.
CRS is leading a consortium of 8 implementing and technical partners to run a five-year USAID/FFP funded $35 million program called Nuyok to build resilience to shocks, enhance livelihoods and improve food security and nutrition for vulnerable rural families in three districts of Karamoja – Abim, Nakapiripirit and Napak – which are home to 406,880 people living in an estimated 58,126 households. Nuyok seeks to strengthen governance and gender equity, community capacity to manage shocks and stresses, traditional and diversified livelihood opportunities and nutrition and health (including improved water, sanitation and hygiene (WASH)) of pregnant and lactating women (PLW), adolescent girls and children under two years of age (CU2). At the end of the program, sustainable results will include empowered, resilient, healthy families; responsive, inclusive governance; and a vibrant private sector that engages smallholders at every level.
The purpose of this position is to perform tasks related to driving CRS vehicles entrusted to you in a safe and economical manner in conjunction with CRS policy and the traffic laws and regulations of Uganda. Also perform minor mechanical tasks.
• Draft monthly vehicle maintenance plans and ensure implementation. Take accountability for all spare parts, accessories, etc. fitted in assigned vehicles during repairs at the workshop or field.
• Prepare vehicle performance, maintenance and repair reports, and submit as required.
• Plan ahead to meet anticipated travel requirements and make all arrangements for ensuring
efficient services (fueling, pre-travel checks, required travel documents, required equipment, spare parts, and tools, persons traveling for packing instructions and timings).
• Ensure copies of daily mileage logs, pen and clipboard are readily available in all assigned vehicles. Promptly collect filled in daily mileage logs to avoid loss or defacing.
• Routinely check all assigned vehicles Licenses, Insurances, and other required documents and promptly advice the VMU Supervisor when renewals are due.
• Transport CRS staff and visitors as instructed, observing local traffic and road safety laws and all CRS vehicle policies to ensure safety of passengers and luggage, and quality and courteous services. Report immediately any accidents and/or route changes due to security, bad weather, road conditions. Maintain and submit accurate records for all trips.
• Ensure assigned vehicles are secured when not in use.
Typical Background, Experience & Requirements:
Education and Experience
• Education: O level Certificate.
• Experience: 3 Years Driving and Mechanical Experience.
• Certificates/Licenses: Class A, B, CM, and DM Driver’s License.
Understanding of the Geographical area of assignment
• Service-oriented with focus on meeting customer needs
• Well-organized and able to manage multiple tasks.
• Very good negotiation and relationship management skills
• Proactive, resourceful, solutions-oriented and results-oriented
Required/Desired Foreign Language
Travel Required (include percentage of required travel, if applicable)
Key Working Relationships:
Internal: All staff
External: Partners staff Visitors
Agency-wide Competencies (for all CRS Staff):
These are rooted in the mission, values, and guiding principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and achieve the desired results.
• Professional Growth
DISCLAIMER: This job description is not an exhaustive list of skills, effort, duties and responsibilities associated with the position.
Job application procedure
CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation
NOTE: Please send your application and CV to email@example.com . Applications will be received not later than 20th February 2019.
“I understand that CRS takes all allegations of abuse and exploitation seriously. Abuse or exploitation of children or vulnerable adults is grounds for immediate dismissal.”
CRS' talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Equal Opportunity Employer