- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Rural Electrification Agency (REA)
Deadline of this Job:
20th November 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Rural Electrification Agency (REA) is the Secretariat of the Rural Electrification Board (REB) as established by Statutory instrument 2001 No. 75. The REA’s main function is to oversee the management of the Rural Electrification Fund (REF) and facilitate the development and implementation of rural electrification projects under several sources of funding. in order to strengthen its Human Resource Capacity to fulfil the above intention, REA is seeking to recruit Ugandan nationals suitably qualified to fill the following vacancy:
Purpose: To provide secure and timely driving services to REA official staff and/or goods as required..
Key Responsibilities include to:
• Drive REA officers both at duty station, in the field, to and from Airport.
• Deliver and collect mail to and from various destinations.
• Maintain vehicle cleanliness.
• Ensure the vehicles are in a sound and good mechanical condition.
• Maintain log books for town trips and for the field.
• Ensure that vehicles are parked in a secure place.
• Perform occasional handyman job inside the office.
• Perform any other responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualification and Experience.
• Uganda Certificate of Education (UCE) with a Minimum Pass in English language.
• A clean valid national driving license with at least two classes including C, or D, DL.
• 6 years’ experience as a Driver with a reputable organization, Government Departments or Ministries, or Private Sector Agencies.
• Holder of driver’s certification by the Ministry of Works and Transport.
• Having a Certificate in Defensive driving is an added advantage
• Should be able to drive longer distances.
• Good interpersonal skills
• Good communication skills
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Certificat
Job Experience Requirements: 6 years
Job application procedure
A typed or handwritten cover letter, together with a current CV, copies of qualification documents, a copy of National identity card plus names and addresses of three reputable referees should be submitted by 04.00pm on 20th November 2019 to:
THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
"RURAL ELECTRIFICATION AGENC, PLOT 10 WINDSOR LOOP KOLOLO 2ND. FLOOR, HOUSE OF HOPE, PO BOX 7317 KAMPALA.
REA is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Does Not Charge Application Fees.