- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
20th February 2019
Date Posted: 11th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest Non- Governmental Aid and development agencies in Germany. We campaign against worldwide hunger and for sustainable food and nutrition security by promoting site-appropriate farming, establishing access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, improving healthcare and education for people living in rural areas as well as promoting skills development for youth. In Uganda, Welthungerhilfe currently is operating in the districts of Moroto, Yumbe, Katakwi, Arua, and Fort Portal with its Country Office in Kampala. Welthungerhilfe in Arua received funds from BMZ to work with Partner Organization CEFORD and PALM Corps on the project called “Step up”. Welthungerhilfe is therefore looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic persons to fill the below: Note all positions run for one year with a possibility of renewal based on performance.
Position: Accountant-Partner Projects
Reports to: the Project Manager
Duty station: Arua
Objective of the position: The aim of the position is to manage the Partner Project’s accounting and financial controlling.
Duties and area of responsibility:
• Manage the Partner Projects and Projects Accounting
• Assist assigned partner project in compiling finance reports and check on partner’s other administrative and reporting requirements as well on regular basis
• Perform administrative and human roles in the office
• Capacity building and support of implementing partners through training and ensure that all partners have an in-depth understanding of the financial procedures and are equipped to apply it
• Coordinating with the partner accountants and cashiers on cash flow management and controls
• Provide support in partner project annual/monthly financial planning
• Draft financial reports to Donors
• Maintain accounting related data based on the current accounting software
• Prepare vouchers for book keeping and indicate their cost classification
• Verify correctness of vouchers including supporting documents
• Prepare financial weekly updates, monthly reports and any other reports as requested
• Receivable and Payable management monitor invoices and follow up on outstanding issues and balances
• Ensuring timely planning of external audits as required together with the head of the partner project
• Processing payments to vendors, suppliers and service providers of partner requirements
• Ensuring proper filing system is in place for all accounting documents and files
• Preparation, review and dispatch of reports to Country office.
• Control Financial Transactions of Partner Projects
• Monitor the cash flow situation and fund requests of the Partner project
• Verify the correctness of the cash book and bank book transactions and report correctness
• Verify the numerical correctness of contracts and execute payments
• Monitor the Partner project compliance on deductions and payment of statutory taxes
• Provide necessary documents and reports for internal controlling
• Assist the Partner Project’s Financial Management
• Provide necessary documents for the partner projects financial planning, accountability policies and procedures
• Immediately report all problems involving finances and regulations
• File all important documents regarding the partner project’s accounting and finances
• Assist prepare financial declarations to the authorities
• Assist the Project Manager in any other task if need
Required qualifications, competencies and experience.
• Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Management or Business
• Proven experience of at least 3 years working with donor funded programs and partner NGOs
• Proven experience in Finance Management with good knowledge of preparation of donor reports
• Proven experience in use of Computerized Financial software and accounting programs
• Minimum of 3 years of work experience with an international NGO.
• Proven experience working in a Supervisory position
• Experiences in working independently and result oriented
• Team work, flexibility and willingness to travel extensively to the different project locations
• Demonstrated personal accountability and drive to serve others.
• Strong organizational, planning and time-management skills, detail oriented
• Information dissemination skills, ability to understand, explain and contextualize
• Able to prioritize work, multi-task and meet deadlines. 13. Able to analyze problems and design solutions at strategic and functional levels.
• Ability to work effectively under pressure
• High integrity and willingness to conduct her/himself transparently
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with a detailed CV contact detail including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one-page motivation letter by hand to Welthungerhilfe arua office not later than February 20, 2019 at 05:00pm. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.