- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Assistant Agricultural Manager
Deadline of this Job:
25th February 2019
Date Posted: 11th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
FINCA Uganda is a subsidiary of FINCA Impact Finance and part of a network of 20 microﬁnance institutions and banks that provide socially responsible ﬁnancial services that enable low- income individuals and communities to invest in the future. FINCA Uganda currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world. FINCA Uganda is looking for a dynamic person to join their team of professionals as Assistant Agricultural Manager. Details are highlighted as follows:
Job Title: Assistant Agricultural Manager
Duty Station: Head Office
Period: Contract for 1 year & Renewable
Reports to: Agricultural Manager
The Assistant Agricultural Manager's position is critical position and she/he responsible for providing active support in mobilizing signiﬁcant business growth, oversee all business and product related activities in Agricultural portfolio and assume full performance and budget responsibility for the product lines.
Main duties and responsibilities:
Agriculture Research and Development:
• Collecting data on crop proﬁles and conduct risk assessments for selected target segments and agriculture sub-sectors
• Maintain databases and make sure that updated information is available to FINCA
• Monitoring of asks and raise red flags with the Agriculture Product Manager when risk levels in a particular area increase
• Develop and update credit score cards.
• Maintain the relationships with extension service providers, Govemment organizations, NGC-s and other organizations that Colet and store data on a regular basis.
• Provide input to the training materials and provide technical support to the branches
• Monitor the growth of the bank's agricultural loan portfolio in line with credit policy guidelines.
• Mentoring of new entrant sitrainees by managing their performances in line with the performance management guidelines and HR policies.
• Manage the performance and development of line staff, and appraise their performance in line with the performance management guidelines and HR policies and make recommendations to product manager.
• Monitor credit operations activities in the branches to identify risks and ensure compliance adherence to the existing internal control processes, procedures and service standards as per bank policy and risk management guidelines.
• Monitor quality of loan portfolio (including written off loans) in assigned Branches and propose remedial actions and submit periodic reports in line with the departmental work plan.
Value Chain Specialist:
• Provide information on crop proﬁles and value chain characteristics to theAgriculture Research & Development Analyst
• Recommend feasible crops value chains and for focus areas for FINCA Uganda to the Agriculture Product Manager
• Provide support during partnership development Provide input to training curriculum for the branches
• Carry out value chain and agronomy training to the branches
• Succession Planning. In cooperation with the HR Department to identify and support development of the High Potential Employees in the Branches.
• Ensure that all branch staff have necessary skills to efficiently perform their jobs. Where there are gaps, define and communicate training needs of staff in the branches to product manager, Chief Operations Ofﬁcer, an Training Manager.
• Participate as a trainer in leadership, management and key technical trainings of the Branch Staff
• Ensure communication of all key management decisions to all Staff Members in the Region.
• Perform regular interviews and meetings with the existing and potential customers in order t understand customers‘ expectations, gaps an potential areas for improvements in customer service and Customers Experience
• Supervise and control implementation of the Regional Growth Strategy and Expansion Plans in line with approved budget and timeline.
• Manage relationships with Key stake holders and develop partnerships
Internal Controls and Portfolio Quality
Enhance branch credit committees and polish credit underwriting skills
• Perfonn regular spot checks as following:
• Participate in Credit Committees below histher approval limits regularly
• Perform Policy knowledge interviews with Staff
• Approve Credit Applications within granted
Planning and Reporting.
• Provide quarterly reports to Senior Management on the Performance of the product and key items that require attention of the Management team
• As a part of the budgeting process, in conjunction with the Product Manager, develop Annual Growth Strategy and Expansion plans based on the market potential.
• In cooperation with the Product Manager develop and present for Commercial and Human Resource Managers‘ approval of regional stafﬁng plans in line with business targets.
• Supervise execution of budgets
To perform the job successfully an individual should demonstrate the following competencies;
• Good People Management, Negotiation and motivation skills
• Good understanding of sales management and customer service
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Good understanding of Credit and Risk Management
• Proven report writing and presentation skills
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Flexibility to travel
Qualiﬁcations, Skills and Experience
• Minimum of a recognized University Bachelors’ degree in Agriculture, Commerce, Business Studies or Administration -Accounting Option or related discipline. MBA is an added advantage
• Minimum of 3 years work experience as in a Financial/Banking sector
• Good knowledge of MS Excel, Power Point and knowledge of Core Banking System
Job application procedure
All candidates who so wish to take up this role the aforementioned capacity are encouraged send their applications with detailed Cv's cluding present position and copies of relevant professional/acedemic certiﬁcates to: firstname.lastname@example.org