- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Care Group Promoter
Jobs at:Feed the Children
Deadline of this Job:
22nd October 2019
Date Posted: Tuesday, October 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Position: Care Group Promoter
Reporting to: Area Program Coordinator
Location: Kajiado Central sub-county (Karero, Ilpartimaro, Mailwa, Maparasha, Olchorroibor, Emotoroki and Emurua Dikir).
Purpose of the role
Feed the Children together with the Kajiado County Department of Health, seeks to implement a project in Kajiado Central Sub County, aimed at improving the knowledge, attitudes and care practices of caregivers in Maternal Infant and Young Child Nutrition, hygiene and sanitation. This will be achieved through dissemination of health and nutrition education messages to Care Group Volunteers (CGVs) in the Care Groups for onward communication to beneficiary caregivers in the community. The model represents an effective BCC strategy for promoting equitable beneficiary contact capable of producing measurable changes in health and nutrition indicators.
The Care Group Promoters will be community members hired to train and supervise the CGVs in their community on behavior change by providing Health and Nutrition information in the community, facilitate and organize, participatory learning sessions to care group volunteers under directions of the supervisor in the Food and Nutrition and Health & Water Pillar. .
• Coordinate Food & Nutrition and WASH local-level activities and maintain cooperation with other community-level institutions, including the village council, churches and health facilities.
• Facilitate participatory learning sessions (CG meetings) with each of his/her 10-12 Care Group Volunteers (CGVs) every 2 weeks, following the lessons plan in the educational material provided
• Hold bi-weekly meetings with the local leadership committee in each community to coordinate, monitor and evaluate (if these committees exist)
• Attend bi-weekly training and reporting meetings provided by the supervisor and the module training sessions to accurately replicate trainings given the CGVs, sharing correct information and demonstrating skills learned.
• Model the Health, Nutrition and Sanitation behaviors he/she teaches CGVs in their own homes
• Visit, monitor and evaluate each CGV at least quarterly.
• Supervise CGVs work by accompanying them on home visits and observe them leading group meetings using the quality verification checklist
• Support other program activities, such as health & nutrition related thematic days, GMP, WASH
• Attend training and coordination meetings at the sub-county level, providing verbal feedback and written reports of activities completed
• Prepare weekly & monthly reports based on the CGV registers and Neighbor Women’s (NW) registers.
• Support the attached CHU in data review, submission and other scheduled activities
• Cultivate and maintain good working relations with local communities and government representatives.
• Assist in project review and documentation of lessons learnt for wider dissemination.
• Prepare a roster of the visits to CGVs
• Perform other duties as would be required.
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Diploma in Community Nutrition/Health, public health or equivalent and be certified by the relevant institutions where applicable.
• Experience in implementation of health & nutrition programs in Kajiado Central.
• Experience in humanitarian assistance programs.
• Good computer skills, including Microsoft Word and Excel and PowerPoint.
• Conversant with the national IMAM and MIYCN guidelines and public health promotion.
• Knowledge of community-based approaches to improving nutrition and food security.
• Proven experience in liaising with government officials, community and other actors/ partners.
• Outgoing personality with excellent communication skills.
• Good team player, flexible.
• Appreciation of and sensitivity to local culture.
• Excellent in English, Swahili languages.
• Ability to communicate in Maa language will be an added advantage
Job Education Requirements: Diploma in Community Nutrition
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If you meet the requirements of the above position, please drop your application letter,
detailed CV, phone and email contacts of three (3) references; at Feed the Children
Kajiado Office in Bissil town by 22nd October 2019.
We regret that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Feed the Children is an Equal Opportunity Employer