- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Chief Finance Officer
Jobs at:Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited
Deadline of this Job:
24th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
UEDCL (Uganda Electricity Distribution Company Limited) is a limited liability company, 100% owned by the Government of Uganda, incorporated in Uganda under the Companies Act. UEDCL owns the 33KV and below voltage electricity distribution networks and all the operational assets associated with the business. These Assets have been leased to private operators (Like UMEME, and WENRECO) for Purposes of attracting Private Capital in the energy Sector.
Additionally, UEDCL directly Supplies power in areas where there are no Private Operators especially in rural and Boarder regions of Uganda, Covering Over 60 Districts across the country. Operates a modern pole plant at Lugogo, and executes key rural electrification schemes on behalf of Government of Uganda.
The Company is seeking to recruit qualified, competent and highly motivated Ugandans
Purpose of the Position:
To plan, direct and control the financial resources of the organization in line with UEDCL financial policies and procedures and International Accounting Standards..
• Develop and maintain financial systems in order to provide appropriate levels of security and controls over the organization's resources and operations.
• Approve all expenditure needs and enforce compliance with the policies and standards in the Financial Manual.
• Advise and assist management on financial aspects of the company, with particular emphasis on the financial implications of decisions to be made.
• Maintain complete and accurate register of leased and modifications onto the distribution network.
• Provide leadership in taking appropriate action to address audit findings and recommendations.
• Review and submit financial reports and provide commentary to all interested parties on key issues and strategic implications and ensure they are prepared in line with international accounting standards.
• Design systems and controls that provide assured full and appropriate control of all UEDCL assets, reconcile advances and balances at least monthly.
• Advise management on investment decisions and monitor such funds to ensure safety in line with investment strategy.
• Mentor, coach and develop the capacity of Finance department staff into a competent team.
• Establish and supervise all work practices of finance staff, including providing opportunities for orientation, training, development and succession planning.
• Develop budget guidelines and time schedules to Coordinate the annual budget process for the organization and ensure alignment of budget ratios to recommended standards.
• Report on all activities of the department through monthly reports to the Managing Director in line with UEDCL reporting guidelines.
• Advice management on tax policy (corporation tax, VAT, PAYE) and file annual tax returns in accordance with statutory requirements.
• Review and monitor implementation of risks in the department in line with the company's risk policy
Job Skills: Not Specified
• A University degree such as BCOM/BBA/ or any business related.
• A full member of Certified Public Accountant with a minimum of 7 years' post-qualification experience, An MBA would be a requirement.
• Must have a proven knowledge of International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSAS) and a practical knowledge of Electronic business platforms and systems.
• Requires proven experience in treasury activities, establishment and monitoring of budgets, and an understanding of data processing concepts and systems.
• Computer literacy and working knowledge of spreadsheet applications such as EXCEL is essential.
• Excellent management and administrative skills and experience essential.
• Must have good oral and written communication skills, team building skills, and ability to work in a cross-cultural environment
• Must be a determined professional person, with the skill to work as an important member of the Senior Management Team, whom S/he must influence regularly, in order to ensure strict adherence to the best practices in matters of Financial Management, Budgetary Control and reporting disciplines.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Please Submit SEALED applications (letter, CV, copies of academic/professional certificates and at least three professional references) to: -
NB: ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED OUT OF THIS ADVERT WILL BE CONSIDERED.
DELIVER/POST TO: Head of Human Resource and Administration, Uganda Electricity Distribution Co. Ltd, Plot 37, VEDCL TOWER, 6th floor, P. O. Box 7390, Kampala, Uganda.
For more details, you can visit to our website: http://www.uedcl.co.ug .
Deadline: For receiving applications is Tuesday, 24th July 2019. at 5:00pm.
NB: Any form of Canvassing will lead to disqualification.