- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Child Protection Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
JOB DETAILS: Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA has received funds from Education Cannot Wait, European Union, UNHCR and UNICEF to implement projects in Bidibidi, Rwamwanja and Kyaka ll Refugee Settlements. FCA is now looking for competent persons to ﬁll vacant multiple positions below.
Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Duty Station: Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Reports to: Humanitarian Programme Manager
Primary purpose of the position: The Project Manager will be responsible for undertaking activities within the project funded by the Education Cannot Wait (ECW). Primary purpose: The Child Protection Officer primary function is to ensure quality implementation of the Child protection activities in synergy with the larger protection and community services components which constitute the overall FCA programme in Kyaka ii. The CP Ofﬁcer is also responsible for representing FCA in any relevant ﬁeld based Child protection meetings with stakeholders and otherwise as needed. in addition, He/she is also tasked with providing technical assistance and guidance to mainstream protection across all the community based mechanisms at the ﬁeld level.
Main duties and Tasks .
• implement the FCA child protection/safeguarding policy and procedures.
• Encourage good practice by promoting the child protection policy and procedures.
• Raise awareness of the Code of Conduct for working with children to parents! carers. adults and children.
• Challenge behaviour which breaches the Code of Conduct.
• Keep abreast of developments in the ﬁeld of child protection by liaising with the other child protection actors, attending relevant training or events
• Establish and maintain contact with local statutory agencies including the police and social services.
• Respond appropriately to disclosures or" con which relate to the well-being Of the child.
• Maintain conﬁdential records of reported cases and action taken.
• Ensure that all the CP approaches and tools are developed in synergy with the overall FCA’s national based protection initiatives.
• Contribute to the development of advocacy points based on assessment of situation and risks related to children.
• Assist in organizing and delivering protection trainings and promoting the refugee laws on the rights of children.
• A University degree in Child protection/development, social sciences, development studies, Guidance and counselling or relevant ﬁelds.
• Minimum of 4 years’ working experience
• Professional training in child protection is an added advantage.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy job title in the subject line. Alternatively, "applications can be hand delivered at FCA Kampala office using the address below. Ensure to indicate the job applied tor on the left hand comer of the envelope. Please do not attach academic papers it you send by email.
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank Hill Road
P.O Box 21826, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.