- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Uganda Golf Club
Deadline of this Job:
15th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, December 02, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Uganda Golf Club is the home of golf in Uganda, located in the heart of Kampala City.The course offers a wonderful experience to both members and vistors.ln order to better their service UGC is seeking to recruit qualified and highly motivated employees to ﬁll the various position below and more jobs as advertised on the Uganda Golf Club webiste: www.ugandagolfclub.com
Job Ref: 001
Title: Club Manager
Reports to: Mancom
Job Purpose: The Club Manager reports to the Club Captain. The Club Manager is accountable for the financial performance and all areas of operations for the Club, and on a daily basis directly manages all clubhouse functions and will ensure the synergism of all Club activities. The Club Manager is the Mincom’s bridge to the staff and committees and enables Mincom to avoid the difficulties and short—term focus that is the staffs responsibility..
General Roles and Responsibilities;
• The Club Managerwill provide day to day overall management of the Club and be physically at the Clubthe majority of the time to communicate with the membership and assist staffing the operation of the Club’s activities.
• To have executive responsibility for all aspects of the administration of the Club and its premises within the framework of the Clubs Business Plan, policies, procedures and budgets
• To achieve high performance from all staff by utilizing g effective leadership and management techniques.
• The Club Manager will lead the development of implementing and monitoring the processes to attract new members and revenue creating events. Club activities are developed by both management staff and committees.
• The Club Manager should ensure that the Club is compliant with regulatory requirements (Food, Liquor, Health, etc.)
• To be the first point of contact for members and visitors and to promote the Club externally and internally in a professional and friendly manner, enhancing the reputation of the Club.
• To manage communication within the club house, including keeping notice boards up-to-date and relevant, ensuring competitions, social events and other club activities are promoted.
• Manage communication with the Captain, Board and Committee, ensuring regular and timely updates of all matters of importance affecting the well-being of the Club and its members,
• To obtain and interpret regular feedback from members and visitors concerning all aspects of the Club‘s operations.
Education, Technical skills, knowledge and experience;
• Good leadership and interpersonal \ people management skills
• “Hands on" flexible approach
• Good communicator— verbal and written
• Experience of business development and growing revenue streams
• Excellent IT skills ~ MS Office packages, social media
• Working knowledge of licensing law, employment law, health and safety legislation and risk management
• An appreciation of golf and the expectations \traditions of a members’ club
• A willingness to work flexible hours to meet the demands of the position
• A University degree in Business Administration or any related field.
• A minimum of 4 years working experience
Job Qualifications: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: University degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Job application procedure
All interested candidates who meet the requirements should submit updated Cvs and cover letters to the Reception of Uganda Golf Club before 15th December 2019, addressed to HR Uganda Golf.