Deadline of this Job:
28th December, 2018
Date Posted: 14th December 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Title: Communication Experts
Enabel, the Belgian Development Agency, together with different Government Ministries, are implementing the bilateral Co-operation between Uganda & Belgium.
In this framework, the Enabel in Uganda Representation Ofﬁce and the Projects are seeking to recruit competent Communication Experts. The Experts shall work under the direct supervision of the Resident Representative of Enabel in Uganda (Representation) and for the Projects, directly under the international Technical Advisors.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: .
Proﬁling the Belgian Portfolio and its Evolution: (15%)
- Continuously communicate about project achievements at the different stages of the project cycle (events, result reports, annual reports, lessons learned;
- Identify key elementsthat deﬁne the Belgian portfolio in Uganda and share them with the team;
- Keep the Enabel in Uganda social media accounts active and explore other options of communicating through social media;
Communications Advisor (15%)
- Work closely with the Enabel Projects for their internal and external communication using the country communication strategy;
- Assess the capacity of projects to communicate both internally and externally;
- Provide appropriate capacity building for the communication focal persons (SPOCs) at project level;
- Support the generation and review of the Communication content (pictures and articles);
- Oversee the developmentand application of the Communication
- Strategy both at the Representation Office and also at the Project level, this through the country communications team;
Networking and Public Relations: (20%)
- Manage a database with key Enabel partners as well as Ministry key persons;
- Manage relations with other development partners and engage them pro-actively;
- Occasionally work together with the communication units of Ministry of Health and Education;
- Manage the relationship with the media houses especially aligning with the two priority sectors;
- Work closely with the Belgian Embassy in Uganda. Look for opportunities to work together, share each other's achievements etc;
Advocacy and knowledge sharing 20%
- Support knowledge sharing on communication between the projects. At representation, organize knowledge sharing events;
- Contribute to the adaptation of the end products of the capitalisation process to make it suitable for different audiences (scientiﬁc articles, poster presentations, policy briefs;
- Contribute to the mainstreaming of other cross cutting issues in the communication in the projects, including disability. environment, and HIV-AIDS.
Coordination of communication and visibility activities 20%
- Elaborate a communication and visibility framework and work plan for the Enabel projects;
- Be available as Single Point of Contact (SPOC) on Communication and Visibility for Enabel and external partners;
- Contribute to the development, mainstreaming and quality assurance of communication and visibility material for the Enabel projects;
- Coordinate the publication of the monthly Enabel Newsletter;
- Prepare communication materials for posting on social media and other communication channels including the Ministry of Health Knowledge Management Portal.
- Document the activities of the Enabel projects by videos, pictures and written texts;
- Compile best practises and lessons learned of the Enabel projects for dissemination purposes;
- Collect, edit and publish dissemination material;
- A Master's degree or equivalent in Communications, Public relations and Journalism;
- At least 6-7 years of proven, relevant experience in communication; '
- Experience of working for civil society, bilateral or a multilateral agency would be an advantage.
- Fluent in English, with excellent writing and reporting skills; " Soft skills such as to work in a team, to work autonomously, etc. ICT skills in word, excel, power point, communication platforms; Having no objection to undertake regular ﬁeld missions & working overtime.
Enabel will offer a gross salary package of between UGX, 5,700,000 and UGX 6,500,000, medical insurance and a 13th Month package paid in December. Salary is accordance to the years of experience.
Job application procedure
Interested applicants should submit their hard copy applications including a cover letter, curriculum vitae (CV) of 4 pages maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees; their emails and telephone contacts to:
The Human Resource Officer
Enabel in Uganda
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace
P.O. Box 40131, Kampala
Send in your application not later than Friday 28th December, 2018 by 5pm. (Please note that we shall be oﬁicially closed for Holidays from 24th December.Z018 to 2nd January, 2019 but Applications can still be received at the Gate). All qualifying persons, including female candidate: and people with disabilities, are encouraged to apply.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for a written test.