- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Jobs at:Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Deadline of this Job:
15th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda, is inviting applications for the following position from suitably qualified individuals to work as part of a professional and self-driven team.
Candidates should be people of good reputation and are willing to uphold the ethics and values of UPMB
The purpose of this job is to Design, implement, coordinate and monitor the execution of UPMB’s communication and advocacy campaigns. The job holder shall manage and increase Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)’s social media presence and build online and other communication platforms to create awareness, increase visibility and show case the impact of UPMB’s work to current and potential Partners..
• Develop and roll out UPMB’s Communications
• Strategy and monitor its implementation in line with the UPMB’s strategic plan.
• Work with Management to plan, develop, roll out and monitor communications, campaigns, documentation, brand profiling to increase public awareness, visibility advocacy, and influence attitudes and behaviors on UPMB Brands.
• Edit grant proposals and all UPMB publications to ensure quality
• Brand UPMB buildings, vehicles, and other assets to meet corporate branding standards
• Manage media activities for UPMB. Implement a communication and media plan to advance UPMB including media field trips.
• Oversee the production of general advocacy and communications products, such as booklets, newsletters flyers, audio-visual materials, speeches any other.
• Develop and maintain UPMB Resource Centre
• Provide communication and media support to prioritized special events, workshops, meetings and conferences.
• Raise awareness through media of the value and impact of major projects implemented by UPMB.
• Develop and implement new communications tools;-blogs, Facebook, twitter and website
• Provide necessary writing/editing support of project technical reports.
• Advise the organization on appropriate responses using digital platforms
• Provide support and training to UPMB communication
• Able to produce results in line with objectives
• Business acumen, Analytical
• Public relations and advocacy, Communication,
• Decision making, Negotiation skills
• MS Office, especially MS Publisher proficiency
Key Performance Indicators
• Timely and accurate communication and advocacy reports
• Updates on developed strategies for improved visibility
• Reports of Improved visibility and branding of UPMB
• Degree in Mass Communication, Commerce
• Experience in website development and management, Marketing, Public
• Relations, Media campaigns, and/or Non-profit Communications.
• Proficiency in use of social networking and new media tools.
• Computer graphics and creative designing are an added advantage.
• At least three (3) years of relevant professional experience, working in communications and advocacy, media, at a national and/or international level preferably in the NGO sector
• Competence in use of digital and social media tools
• Mature person with excellent written and oral communications in English is essential.
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested persons who wish to apply may e-mail, post or hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV naming at least two referees, to:
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo
P.O. Box 4127, Kampala-Uganda
Deadline for submission is one week after date of publication.