World Wide Fund for Nature
Deadline of this Job:
July 11th, 2017
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) is one of the largest independent conservation organizations in the world, active in almost 100 countries. Our mission is to stop the environmental degradation in the world and build a future where humans live in ham1ony with nature.
WWF has a growing conservation programme in the Republic of Uganda. In that path, in order to achieve its conservation objectives, WWF Uganda is looking for a dynamic, innovative and open-minded Communications Officer for its EU Scaling Up Rural Electriﬁcation Project who will review, develop and monitor communication, partnerships and external relations strategies, policies, procedures and guidelines in line with the WWF-Uganda Country Ofﬁce (UGO) strategic objectives.
Location: Kasese, Uganda
Duration: 1 year and 5 months
- Coordinates the development and deployment of an engaging and compelling WWF internal and external communications infrastructure to support brand visibility in Africa and beyond;
- Develop and monitor the implementation of project communication, partnerships and External relations strategies for guiding all related interventions for the organization in line with the WWF-UCO communication and project objectives strategy;
- Prepare annual work plans and budgets for communication, partnerships and external relations initiatives in line with the WWF-UCO communication and the Project Objectives;
- Develop, design and disseminate information and communication materials for communication, partnerships and external relations guiding all project and organizational interventions in line with WWF standards;
- Create strong alliances and networks, support effective partnerships with international, national, local public and private stakeholders in line with WWF-UCO communication and Project Objectives;
- Prepare management reports and share experiences, information, lessons learnt to key stakeholders in line with WWF guidelines and network standards;
- Promote the visibility of WWF
- UCO programs and interventions with relevant audiences/media platforms, represent the organization at international, national and local levels in line with WWF-UCO and Project Objectives.
What you need:
Required Qualiﬁcations and Experience
- A Bachelors degree (Honors) in Mass Communication (Public Relations/Media Communication) or other related ﬁeld‘
- A post graduate qualiﬁcation in any of the above ﬁelds is an added advantage;
- A minimum of 3 years work experience in Information, Communication and Educational Programmes targeting environmental or sustainable development issues;
- Experience working on communications with a busy NGO woul be an added advantage.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapid environmental changes;
- Track record of breaking down silos between business and support functions and working across an entire organization;
- Flexibility and change orientation with ability to balance competing priorities;
- Understanding of the wider strategic context, both internally and externally;
- Able to demonstrate a range of communication and inﬂuencing styles to suit a wide range of stakeholders;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and manage a number of conﬂicting and frequently changing priorities;
- Communication skills — interpersonal, presentation and written;
- Self-conﬁdent and well rounded, with the capacity to understand multiple perspectives and cultural diversity and deal with those differences diplomatically;
Energetic, enthusiastic and likeable;
- Adherence to WWF's values, which are: Optimistic, Engaging, Determined and Knowledgeable.
Job application procedure
Send your CV, academic documents and cover letter to the address below:
Human Resources Ofﬁcer, '
WWF Uganda Country Office,
Plot 2 Sturrock Road, Kololo,
P. 0. Box 8758, Kampala,
Tel: +256 200510800
Deadline for applications: July 11th, 2017. Thank you in advance fo your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. if you have not been contacted six (6) weeks after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.