- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Community Development Officer
Jobs at:Hunger Free World
Deadline of this Job:
21st June 2019
Date Posted: Friday, June 14, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Reporting line: Senior Programs Manager
About the Organization
The objective of HFW is to create a world free of hunger. Being able to access adequate food in order to sustain a healthy body and mind is the most fundamental human right. HFW aims to make this “Right to Food” a reality for all.
Purpose Responsible for managing Community Development Programs..
Program Implementation – 60%
• Monitor and operationalize aggregated farm input fund for Hunger Free cooperatives (MOFA project or as shall be directed by project manager from time to time).
• Build capacity of cooperative members to save and improve on their share(s) as individuals and as cooperative institution.
• Monitor operation and maintenance schedules of the Hunger Free coop machineries such as maize mill, tractor (Mofa project or as shall be directed by project manager).
• Assist your supervisor to monitor management of restricted shock absorbing operational support fund and make reports on its usage.
• Assist Senior Programmes Manager to make reports on decisions made on retained earnings and monitor its management
• Assist Senior Programmes Manager to reconcile the accounts records (yellow cards) with quick books data entries.
• Receive loan applications from the cooperative members and site visit them to inspect their physical residents.
• Sign loan agreements as witnesses which bind the borrower to the HFZ cooperative society.
• Draft loan payment schedules and entering weekly HFZ transactions in quick books for each HFZ cooperative.
• Monitor ongoing and implemented HFZ cooperative projects
• Prepare monthly, Quarterly, and Annual program reports,
• Contribute and participating in the mid-term and term evaluation of the cooperatives documenting all information related to project successes and best practices, creating a bank of pictures, videos, and most significant change stories on the project, and documenting and reporting initial market assessment findings,
• Participate in regular market research, market monitoring, market trends and market information feedback for various commodities, especially beans and maize..
Education, Experience, and Qualifications
• A bachelor degree in Community Development, Development Studies, Business Studies, or related fields,
• Ability to construct, interpret, critique budgets and track expenditure,
• At least 4 years of experience working in the community development sector,
• Demonstrate ability to foster partnerships with community and/or Government agencies/organizations and groups,
• Knowledge of community development, empowerment and mentoring approaches Research, monitoring and evaluation skills,
• Experience with small business financing, market analysis and market research,
• Good oral & written communication skills
Job Education Requirements: Bachelors Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 4 years
Job application procedure
IInterested candidates should send a resume, cover letter, three (3) professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please include “Community Development Officer Candidate” in the subject line of your email.
Deadline: 21st /06/2019