- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Conflict Management Officer
Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Deadline of this Job:
27th November 2018
Date Posted: 20th November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Team Leader Protection
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Conflict Management Officer’s main objective is to provide efficient and effective program implementation and smooth running of the SPRS-NU Conflict Management interventions according to DRC’s internal procedures, Operations Handbook and program design and donor guidelines.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
• Produce work plans for the sector staff in accordance with annual planning cycle
• Train staff and provide regular updates of work planning and reporting against SMART objectives.
• Oversee the performance of the conflict management colleagues with support from the protection team leader in Adjumani.
• Make recommendations on staffing and support the PM and thee Base Manager on recruitment processes.
• Ensure that the sector activities involve the vulnerable groups (especially women and youths), in the project implementation including in group discussions and decision-making processes.
Sector Reporting & Documentation
• Provide regular internal reports and other relevant information on general policy matters and programme activities to the sector staff and other relevant persons.
• Ensure that a sound documentation procedure is in place and adhered to, including development and compilation of project beneficiary database is maintained and updated regularly.
• Support the roll-out of relevant sector assessments on project status in project operational areas.
• Ensure update-to-date records (disaggregated by gender/age/diversity) are maintained for all beneficiaries of the EUTF project.
• Ensure that a sound feedback system is in place in the project area so that beneficiaries have easy access to DRC and that the Do-No-Harm principles to persons of concern/beneficiaries at the point of delivery is upheld.
• Support staff to ensure compliance with internal reporting requirements and contributions to donor reporting.
Administration & logistics
• Ensure compliance to donor requirements regarding programme implementation and asset management.
• Support his/her team with logistics arrangements to facilitate effective programme delivery.
• Responsible for the management of all sectoral implementation budget, including timely expenditure planning & budget follow ups in consultation with the Base Manager and the Project Manager.
• Responsible for ensuring DRC financial procedures, guidelines and corruption control is maintained among the team and within DRC at large.
• Responsible for initiating logistics and procurements and ensuring adherence to the right procedures.
• Support the PMs and Base managers during the engagement of consultant services required for enhancing effectiveness of sectoral activities.
• Directly responsible for supervising the conflict Management Assistants and any casual workers hired to facilitate implementation of sectoral activities in Adjumani.
• Support the recruitment planning of required field staff in consultation with the EUTF Project Manager, Base Manager and HR Officer.
• Conduct staff development including target setting, performance appraisal, and early identification of excellence and other performance issues and timely addressing such issues with support of HR department.
• Support capacity building to team members on relevant topics necessary for effective project implementation and in project monitoring and reporting.
• Mentor and supervise sector staff for effective and timely implementation of project activities.
• Coordination: Maintain close and good relations with all relevant stakeholders including the other Consortium partners, UNCHR, and other relevant UN organizations, OPM, local authorities, line ministries, donors, other NGOs, CBOs and other DRC partners;
• Transparency: Ensure required reports and information is shared with the direct project stakeholders in a timely and adequate manner;
• Reporting: Timely compile required reports for all relevant stakeholders as guided by the Base manager and project manager.
• Follow up all DRC / DDG Procedures for Security, Finance, Logistics, HR and Administration.
• Uphold DRC’s international code of conduct.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Conflict Management Officer job placement should hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study (Law, Peace Building, Social Sciences or Public Administration among others).
• A minimum of three to five years of work experience in relevant field with an INGO or other agencies.
• Experience in peace building, conflict management, protection interventions.
• Proven ability in the implementation of large-scale projects.
• High integrity, pro-active, stable, robust character and a good team-player
• Highly motivated, results-oriented, and with well-developed problem-solving skills.
• Excellent analytical, negotiation, representation and presentation skills.
• Knowledge of computers: word processing, database management packages.
• Commitment to accountable practices.
• Working knowledge and demonstrated experience working in challenging environments.
• Proven ability to manage varied workloads and deal constructively with stress
• Proven ability to prioritize tasks, meet deadlines and work with limited supervision
• Excellent communication skills, calm and a good sense of humour.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations.
• Possession of a valid riding permit.
• Excellent Communication skills in English required.
• Fluency in local languages is an advantage.an advantage.
Job application procedure
All candidates who wish to join the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) should apply online at the link below Click Here