- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Credit, Marketing, and Administration Interns
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 8th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
BAP Finance is seeking to recruit Credit, Marketing, and Administration Interns to provide support to BAP’s growing office. BAP is a young, growing organisation. As a result, we are looking for flexible, dynamic, and hard-working individuals who embrace changing environments.
About BAP Finance:
BAP Finance is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential BAP Finance offers asset financing directly to the Base of the Pyramid (BoP). Our first product, a bicycle, connects farmers to market and other basic life needs. Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
We are a social driven business. We are committed to our impact and the farming customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development.
To date we’ve disbursed over 3,500 loans and are focused on another 2,000 in the coming twelve months.
Length of contract: This is a full-time position six-month contract, with the ability to extend or move into a staff position.
Roles and responsibilities of the Intern:
The Interns duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Providing support to BAP’s Relationship Officers and Loan Officer’s during loan cycle
• Traveling to the field regularly to assist in sensitizations of communities, bicycle distributions, and loan repayments.
• Data entry of client applications and monitoring and evaluation surveys
• Identifying potential oxen and plough clients, and collecting data from local market days
• Assisting in the design and implementing research projects to understand customer satisfaction and community opinions on loan terms and conditions
• Providing translation to BAP’s international staff members
• Maintaining office by procuring office supplies or services when needed
• General administrative duties including filing BAP documents, photocopying, and answering phone
• Assisting with the maintenance and upkeep of BAP owned motorcycles
• Tracking of motorcycle fuel consumption
• Any other duties as may arise.
Personal attributes needed to work at BAP:
• Excellent communication skills
• Flexibility and ability to work on diverse team
• Strong interest in learning ways in which business solutions can be incorporated into development organisations
• Willing and eager to work non-traditional business hours to ensure tasks are completed
• Well organized individuals
Qualifications for role:
• Minimum qualification of diploma from recognized university or college.
• Preference will be given to those with agriculture/finance degrees or diplomas
• Strong computer skills and experience with Microsoft Office and Excel required
• Fluency in English is required; speaking Luo (Acholi, Langi) is an added advantage.
Why work with us?
• At BAP Finance, we are constantly seeking to build the best company. This means we take your feedback seriously and you can see your individual efforts in improved procedures.
• While our team is result-oriented, we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy team meals and games after work.
Job application procedure
You will work out of our office in Gulu. Expect to spend about 50% of your time in the field. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm. As an Intern you will report to a Senior Loan Officer.
HOW TO APPLY:
Apply online here: http://bit.ly/BAPInternform
For those who cannot apply online you can hand-deliver your Updated Resume to: BAP Gulu office, Senior quarters: 30 Eden Road P.O.Box 1025 Gulu.
All candidates hand-delivering resumes must fill an application form from the office before they leave. Candidates who do not fill the form will not be considered. For more information visit careers at www.bapfinance.com.
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019.