- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deputy Country Representative
Jobs at:Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET)
Deadline of this Job:
20th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, December 02, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
USAID's Famine Early Warning Systems Network (FEWS NET) is a leading global provider of objective, evidence-based food security information and analysis to inform decisions on humanitarian response and other assistance programs. FEWS NET collaborates with international, regional and national partners to provide timely and rigorous early warning and analysis of potential, emerging, and/or evolving food security issues in order to inform decisions and guide response.
Chemonics International inc., a leading international consulting ﬁrm based in Washington, DC, has been contracted by USAID to manage FEWS NET‘s technical and ﬁeld activities. Chemonics seeks applications from qualiﬁed and experienced professionals to ﬁll one full-time Deputy Country Representative (DCR) position in Kampala, Uganda. The DCR will assist the Country Representative (CR) to provide quality control for the deliverables of the project and will help ensure that activities and products are delivered in a timely manner..
Minimum qualiﬁcations for the Uganda DCR position include:
• Fluency in English is required, local language skills desirable
• An advanced university degree in a discipline relevant to the work of FEWS NET, such as agricultural economics, agronomy, nutrition, climatology, anthropology, social geography or related ﬁeld. Signiﬁcant, directly related professional experience can substitute for education experience.
• At least two years of relevant experience in early warning/food security information systems, food security analysis, or other related ﬁelds
• Strong spoken and written communication skills in English
• Excellent computer skills; GIS applications and mapping skills are an advantage
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: university degree
Job Experience Requirements: two years
Job application procedure
The Uganda DCR position will remain open for fresh applications through December 20th, 2019. Applicants in ﬁrst round need not apply again. Full details of the position and application information can be found at www.fews.net/vacancies