- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deputy Project Manager
Jobs at:Rakai Health Sciences Program
Deadline of this Job:
5:00pm, Friday, 21st June 2019
Date Posted: Sunday, June 09, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Rakai Health Sciences Program is a collaborative Bio-medical research and service delivery organization. It strives to improve the quality of life of the local population through a combination of community-based research, curative services and prevention strategies in the districts of Greater Masaka Region in Uganda.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The deputy manager for the Masaka regional HIV mechanism will assist the project manager to as he/she oversees the implementation of HIV prevention, care and treatment activities in the 12 districts of the Greater Masaka region. The position holder will specifically support district-led programming for a decentralized HIV/AIDS response and provide leadership for the functioning of Community based organizations (CBOs) sub granted by RHSP in line with donor and respective GoU guidelines. He/she will support the initiation, planning, coordination and evaluation of activities designed to enhance capabilities, governance and functionality of CBOs and DHTs in Masaka region..
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Provide technical assistance to DHTs regarding planning and managing of sub-grants agreements to ensure that they submit requests and accounts for funds
• Support the monitoring of district-led programming activities and sub-granting to both the districts & CBOs.
• Organize regular stakeholders’ meetings all in the spirit of enhancing district-led programming.
• Work with the regional teams to ensure timely planning, budgeting for all the CBOs supported activities in Masaka region
• Provide leadership for the functioning of all community based organisations (CBOs) sub granted by RHSP. These include thjos supporting Community facility linkage, Orphan & Vulnerable, DREAMS in live with the Donor and Respective GoU guidelines
• Work with the cluster teams to prepare regular briefings in relation to the performance of the CBOs & district-led programming activities.
• Identify barriers to implementation of district-led programming and propose corrective action.
• Identify barriers to implementation of activities by CBOs and propose corrective actions.
• Assess compliance of the partner districts and CBOs to the terms and conditions of the principles of collaboration and Memorandums of understanding respectively.
• Assess and report on and design capacity building and technical assistance interventions to the DHT and CBOs.
• Conducting regular visits to the districts & CBOs to review performance and ensuring that districts and CBOs follow the finance agreements, and with the performance expectations as outlined in their work plans.
• Other duties as assigned by the supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s degree in Medicine and Surgery or a related health field.
• Master’s Degree in Public Health
• Advanced diploma in M&E or Project management is an added advantage with experience in Monitoring and Evaluation Programs
• Specialized training in HIV/AIDS will be an advantage.
• 3 years’ experience in strategic planning, health systems strengthening (HSS) and participatory approaches.
• Familiarity with the functioning of the decentralized Local Government System of Uganda.
• Knowledge of PEPFAR/US Government programming policies and regulations, procedures and practices, which bear on project management in support of cooperative agreements.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with the DHTs and HFs.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in HIV/AIDS.
• Project planning skills and a good understanding of sub granting systems to local governments and CBOs.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree
Job Experience Requirements: 3 years’ experience
Job application procedure
All interested Candidates possessing the above attributes can send their applications including a cover letter, latest Copy of CV (with 3 referees), copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the HR Manager to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly indicate the Job title under subject of the mail. Only Online applications will be considered.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business by 5:00pm, Friday, 21st June 2019 Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Rakai Health Sciences Program. Any form of lobbing and canvassing will lead to disqualification