- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Director, Uganda Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Initiative (UEEI)
Jobs at:Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs
Deadline of this Job:
07 February 2020
Date Posted: Friday, January 31, 2020 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Aspen Network of Development Entrepreneurs (ANDE) is a global network of organizations that propel entrepreneurship in emerging markets. ANDE members provide critical financial, educational, and business support services to small and growing businesses (SGBs) based on the conviction that SGBs will create jobs, stimulate long-term economic growth, and produce environmental and social benefits. ANDE wishes to recruit an individual for the position of Director for Uganda Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Initiative (UEEI) who will all also serve as the Kampala Network Manager.
Director, Uganda Entrepreneurial Ecosystem Initiative (UEEI), Kampala
The ideal candidate is a strategist that can build and sustain strong relationships with senior leaders in government, academia, media, financial service providers, business development support organizations and sector associations, quickly connect the dots and help break down silos between the different entrepreneurial ecosystem stakeholders and help connect their organization's goals with the work of network. The role requires a multitasker with excellent leadership and networking skills that could contribute to catalyzing the Small and Growing Business (SGB) Sector in Uganda. The role will report to ANDE East Africa Region Head. .
Key Job Responsibilities
• Identification and convening of entrepreneurial ecosystem stakeholders around constructive, goal-oriented dialogue to collectively and iteratively use the UEEI Phase 1 findings to build a shared vision and strategy to bolster entrepreneurship in the two ecosystems.
• Cultivation of interest amongst UEEI stakeholders and managing a process that will result in the development of initiatives that will address the most binding constraints on the entry and growth of SGBs that create quality jobs at scale.
• Working with ANDE's global and local staff, advisory committee, donors and other stakeholders, develop and deliver on a work plan that supports the growth of the SGB ecosystem.
• Identify and cultivate new funding relationships to implement the identified initiatives. Facilitate learning and adoption of best practice in the SGB sector in Uganda by curating and disseminating lessons from UEB phase Il initiatives.
• Measure success against set goals, regularly report on progress, and be accountable for delivering results in key strategic areas.
• Design and oversee a process that will result in the allocation of catalytic financial support to kickstart or strengthen UEEI Phase II activities.
• Maintain and solidify ANDE's position as the go-to place for all things related to the SGB sector and become a recognized expert and thought leader in your own right.
Job Skills: Not Specified
Key Job Requirements
• A bachelor's degree in any relevant discipline. A master's degree is preferred.
• Have 8-10 years' experience in partnership building, strategic and operations planning, project management or stakeholder management.
• Prior experience initiating a start-up where the onus is on you to deliver results with limited resources.
• Should have track record in developing and managing operations for a local non-profit or small business.
• Experience working in entrepreneurship, impact investing and/or international development preferred.
• Experience in an external facing role: such as client service, partnership management and donor fundraising.
• Outstanding leadership and visionary qualities and able to work effectively with and through others in a decentralized and geographically dispersed organization.
The full job description is available on www.futureoptions.org
Job Education Requirements: bachelor's degree
Job Experience Requirements: 8-10 years
Work Hours: 8
Job application procedure
Applicants should submit an application letter and a CV along with the contacts of three professional referees to The Director, Future Options Consulting Ltd, 4th Floor, DTB Centre, Kampala Rom, P.O Box 34934, Kampala, Uganda by email email@example.com Tel: +258 414 23120416.
Applications should be received by 5 pm op the 7th February 2020
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join a Focused Community on job search to uncover both advertised and non-advertised jobs that you may not be aware of. A jobs WhatsApp Group Community can ensure that you know the opportunities happening around you and a jobs Facebook Group Community provides an opportunity to discuss with employers who need to fill urgent position. Click the links to join.