- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Director of Business Strategy and Business Development
Jobs at:Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Deadline of this Job:
23rd August 2019
Date Posted: Monday, August 12, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Our client, Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is seeking to recruit a suitably qualified individual for the position of Director of Business Strategy and Business Development, reporting to the Managing Director Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA) is established as a public Authority with a mandate to promote and oversee the coffee industry by supporting research, promoting production, controlling the quality and improving the marketing of coffee in order to optimize foreign exchange earnings for the country and payments to the farmers. UCDA's mission is "To facilitate increase in quality coffee production, productivity, and consumption" The Director Strategy and Business Development will head the Directorate of Strategy and Business Development, provide leadership and technical guidance in the development of coffee policies, strategies and corporate plans of the Authority in line with its statutory mandate and national priorities. .
Strategy formulation and implementation;
• Provide leadership and guidance to the Authority in the development of coffee policies and strategy formulation including critical review of her vision, mission, business objectives and values.
• Ensure that all Directorates / Departments business plans and activities are well aligned in order to achieve the organizational mission and objectives.
• Programme and Project Development;
• Initiate and coordinate the development of relevant initiatives, programs and projects to support the implementation of coffee policies and corporate strategy
• Guide Management on the optimal resource mobilization strategies to supplement the Authority's resource base for the implementation of key initiatives, programs and projects . Identify and engage with development partners for key coffee initiatives, programs and projects for a well-coordinated, vibrant and sustainable coffee sub-sector.
• Provide leadership and technical support for enterprise
• development along the coffee value chain through directing and managing the Authority's business development activities.
• Develop and lead the Authority's business development team in sourcing, managing and implementing new business opportunities
• Provide leadership and technical support to other coffee value chain actors in scouting, development, managing and
• implementing new business opportunities. Market Intelligence and information dissemination;
• Provide leadership and guidance in the monitoring of global
• and local trends of the coffee market. - Review coffee industry reports and ensure real-time
• dissemination to Management and industry stakeholders Monitoring and Evaluation;
• Develop the performance monitoring and evaluation framework of coffee initiatives, programs and projects to ensure consistency and harmony with the National Coffee
Policy and Strategy
• Oversee policy research on existing and new programs, and make recommendations to Management on policy changes, new market opportunities, joint ventures, and projects.
• Provide oversight in monitoring the performance of the coffee sub sector and evaluate its contribution to the economy. Partnerships and collaborations;
• Develop strategic linkages with coffee sub-sector stakeholders
• in order to promote coffee development and regulation programs, as well as enhance effectiveness in program coordination and implementation. Initiate MOUs with public and private institutions where appropriate
• Provide regular feedback on the status of the partnerships and networks
People management and supervision;
• Provide leadership and guidance for unison understanding of the Directorates' objectives and goals.
• Manage the performance of Directorate staff and provide continuous guidance to help them meet their expected performance targets. Coach and develop the Directorate's Team, through setting of objectives, training and personal development and succession plans.
• Supervise the preparation and implementation of the Directorate's business plan, annual work plans and budgets; and monitor their implementation;
• Develop the Directorate's procurement plans, and monitor their implementation in line with established procurement guidelines:
• Monitor and evaluate the performance of strategy and business development processes as per organizational objectives:
• Evaluate the Risk Management strategies for the Directorate to confirm compliance with the Authority's Risk Management
• Guide and oversee the Governance process in the various Directorates, departments, sections and business units.
• Prepare the Directorate's reports and submit them to Management Team for approval in line with established reporting procedures Prepare and disseminate the Annual Report in accordance with statutory requirements and disseminate information to stakeholders regarding achievements/milestones in the implementation of the Coffee Policy and the National Coffee Strategy
Job Skills: Not Specified
• Master's degree in any one of the following fields: Economics, Economic Policy and Planning Economic Policy Management, Business Administration, Coffee Economics,
• Quantitative Economics, Development Evaluation, or Public Policy:
• Bachelor's Degree in any one of the following fields: Economics, Business Statistics, Business Administration, Commerce, Coffee Economics or Social Sciences;
• Postgraduate qualification in Monitoring and Evaluation or Project Planning or Analytics will be an added advantage:
• At least ten (10) years' relevant experience in a reputable organization, seven (7) years of which should have been at a senior level in policy and strategy formulation and analysis, research, project conceptualization and management;
• Ability to lead the formulation and development of strategies, plans and programs Proven ability to develop strategic linkages, partnerships and networks with Government Agencies, Coffee Associations, private sector actors, and Development Partners: Business intelligence and analytical skills;
• Excellent communication and report writing skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to work in a team setting, and Project management and implementation skills
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your ability to meet the relevant criteria for the role above, please submit your application, including copies of your academic and professional certificates, testimonials and your curriculum vitae, e-mail and telephone contacts of three (3) referees familiar with your qualifications and work experience. For the full details about this position, and how to apply; kindly log onto our e-recruitment platform via https://www.deloitte.com/ke/en/careers/executive-searchrecruitment.html To be considered, your application must be received not later than 23 August 2019.