- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Education Technical Director
Jobs at:Chemonics international lnc
Deadline of this Job:
22nd November 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics international lnc., a leading international development consulting firm, seeks experienced professionals for the anticipated $100-300 million integrated Child and Youth Development Activity (ICYD) in Uganda. ICYD aims to improve youth learning outcomes, while ensuring that children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments. Specifically, this activity will address primary school retention, provide technical assistance to orphans and vulnerable children sen/ice providers, and employ high-impact local partnerships to accomplish the activity’s objectives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people globally. Experience in Uganda is strongly preferred, and English fluency is required for all position.
Education Technical Director.
• A minimum of a Master's Degree in education, international development, or related field required; Master's Degree in education policy, planning, curriculum development or reading instruction preferred;
• A minimum seven years of experience in technical direction of international programming that works to improve early grade reading and/or primary school retention;
• Prior experience with the development of, or overseeing the development of, early grade reading materials, teacher training programs, classroom monitoring protocols, and student assessments; experience with school-related gender~based violence and positive discipline training preferred;
• A minimum five years of demonstrated excellence in a management position, including direct supervision and evaluation of professional staff/consultants and management and oversight of multiple concurrent project activities and deliverables;
• Familiarity with Journeys curriculum for HIV and violence prevention, social welfare referral systems, and PEPFAR/OVC programming.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Master's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: seven years