- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Finance and Administration Officer
Deadline of this Job:
29th March 2019
Date Posted: 15th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1000000 , Minimum: 700000 , Maximum: 3000000 , Period: MONTH
Finance and Administration Officer
Duty Station: Gulu
Contract Duration; 48 months (With a probation period of 6 months)
ENABEL, Belgian development agency, together with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAlD), is implementing a new project in the Acholi sub region with details below. The Project assists Ugandan authorities and civil society stakeholders to roll out the National Result Based Financing (RBF) Policy in the Acholi Sub-region of Uganda. The execution of the Project is planned to last 4 years with 3 years of operational implementation of the core RBF mechanism and will work in synergy with other implementers in the same region. The Objective of the Project is, ‘To reinforce the health systems in the Acholi sub region in order to provide better health, financial protection and greater equity to the most vulnerable populations ln order to implement the above objective, Enable in Uganda therefore seeks to recruit competent and well qualified Ugandan nationals to fill in the following positions
Under direct supervision of the National Technical Assistant, the Finance and
Administration Officer shall ensure smooth day to day running of the project
office, supporting both operational and financial aspects of the Project.
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
ﬁnancial Management (30%)
• Prepare, register and keep cheques:
• Ensures ail invoices from external parties (contractors, suppliers...) are paid in time, by bank transfer, cheques, cash or mobile money and arrange those documents by date. it will be his/her task to prepare bank transfers and cheques documents, and to manage pipeline payment to external parties:
• Attend to, and record, all bank and mobile money transactions, maintain bank and mobile money accounts, ensure monthly bank and mobile money statements and account overviews and initiate Cash Calls.
• Take final responsibility for the cash management, and supervise the person allocated the role of petty cash management: this includes regular cash counts, verification of balance of cashbook and cash-on-hand every Friday, assisting the cashier in solving imbalances, establishing and signing of cash count statements:
• Ensure liquidation of any internal advances and update advances outstanding by the end of each month and report accordingly to the Finance & Contracting Coordinator;
• Be responsible for sound cash planning 8. cash withdrawals, to avoid cash shortages or large amounts of cash left in the safe security issue).
• Record all project expenses properly in the proper accounting system, following the set guidelines and within the required deadline to be able to have final closure before 13th of each month at the central level at Kampala;
• Make all necessary preparations for the monthly closing of the accounting
• Produce in the proper accounting system statements for control by his/her supervisor or management, make all necessary corrections and make all preparations for the monthly closing of the accounting;
• Check and control to ensure quality and completeness of justification and supporting accounting documents of all expenses following the guidelines;
• Ensure accounting coding and budgeting lines are correct: this includes verification of financial reports, expenses and supporting documents:
• Ensure monthly balance from the accounting system with Cashbooks/Cashboxes/Mobile money statements and bank statements are the same, and take responsibility for completion and approval of reconciliation statements if any:
• Keep track of accounting data by putting accounting references (GT and AT) on the specific documents monthly;
• Be responsible for the transparent and consistent filing of all accounting, banking and cash management, in both ways hard and soft (electronical archiving by scanning and storing in server or hard drive)
• Ensure that copies of all supporting Bank documents are taken, and check cash document copying by cashier, before these documents are sent to Financial Controller monthly.
Budget support (10%)
• Check to ensure correct application of allowances by verifying the calculations of cashier.
• Assist management with a variety of tasks: e.g. cost calculations, filing finance—related documents, monthly and weekly financial planning, managing pipeline payments...etc.
• Provides all necessary accounting data and information to the Managers and international and Contracting Coordinator, for him/her to be able to follow up on budget and planning.
• Assist the international and Contracting Coordinator in the elaboration of reports. budgets and plans. Logistics & Administration Management (20%)
• Assist in procurement of supplies (Obtaining quotation, analyzing the quotations, processing LPO and follow up on supply;
• Update fixed assets register and the stationary stock at field office level on regular basis with accounting information;
• Facilitating the administrative procedures for new staff
• Supervise the project drivers:
• Grants: Capacity building Aspect and Financial controls(10%)
• Assist in monitoring and coaching of partners who signed a grant agreement — including preparing and giving workshops, organize and participate in field visits, collaborate with the partner in budgeting and accounting reports.
• Controlling the smooth management of grants to execute verification of financial reports, expenses and supporting documents..
Education and Experience;
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Commerce;
• Additional qualification in CPA and ACCA is of an added advantage:
• Minimum 5 years‘experience in accounting and project administration;
• Minimum 2 years’ experience of working for an international organization or recognized NGO;
• Very good hands—on knowledge of Excel and Word are essential. Other programs (Database, accounting or ERP programs) will be considered a strong advantage;
• Team player, yet able to work independent;
• Able to work under stressful conditions and with no objections to undertaking missions.
Job application procedureSALARY PACKAGE:
Enabel will offer a competitive salary package with a gross monthly income of between UGX 4,000,000 and UGX 4,500,000 depending on the relevant years of work experience, medical insurance plus a 13th Month compulsory package
Online application to be submitted to http://www.enabel.be/content/jobs
Go to current vacancies, choose Uganda and start your application process. Remember to change the language to English at the top right corner of the page
For hard copy applications:
Interested candidates should submit their hard copy application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae of 5 pages’ maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees, their emails and telephone contacts to
Human Resource Officer
Enabel-Belgian Development Agency
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace
P.o box40131, Kampala
Send your application not later than Friday 29th March
All qualified persons including female candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for a written test
NB: Clearly indicate in your application letter the position you are interested in