- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Insurance Institute of Uganda ( IIU )
Deadline of this Job:
25th January 2019
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
The Insurance Institute of Uganda ( IIU ) was established in 1964 as a training arm of the Uganda's Insurance sector with a mandate to carry out education, training and Professional development in the sector. lt is also the representative of the professional body under the law. The Institute has transformed into an Insurance Training College and seeks candidates for the position below:
Title: Head Finance
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Supervises: Accounts Officers
Location: Head Office
To contribute to the attainment of the lnstitute’s business objectives by:
• Providing strategic direction in the areas of financial management
• Oversee the development oi all necessary policies an procedures to ensure standardization in those areas.
• Ensuring all the financial resources and Financial Record of the institute are management efficiently and effectively.
Minimum Education Qualification:
• A minimum ofa Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Busines Administration, management, Finance or related field.
• A Master degree in Accounting, Business Administration, management, rirzanaa or related field is required.
• Full ACCA /GPA is a must.
• Minimum of Byears relevant experience 4 of which shoul be at senior management level and 2 years of interaction with the Board.
• Exposed to performance management and business planning.
Required Competencies (Knowledge, Skills & Abilities)
• Knowledge of Accounting Policies and Procedures
• in depth understanding of International Financial Reporting Standards
• Strategic thinking skills
• Good manageriall supervisory skills.
• Analytical mind with strong orientation to financial analysis.
• Ability and experience in communicating with all levels of management regarding management information needs.
• Good planning and organization skills.
• Strong report writing skills.
• Ability to work under pressure to meet tight deadlines.
• A person with high integrity.
• Computer literacy and knowledge of personal computers and software packages such as MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, Quickbooks. Working knowledge of financial modeling.
Job application procedure
Applications should be addressed and delivered to the
Head of HR & Administration
The insurance institute of Uganda, P.O.Box 4184
Block A Victoria Park, Okot Close
Deadline is 25th January 2019 by 5:00 PM
The details of the job descriptions are on the lnstitute‘s website www.iiu.ac.ug , http://www.iiu.ac.ug