Head of ICT
People Band House
Deadline of this Job:
30th November 2018
Date Posted: 26th November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
People Band House
Our client is a leading Commercial Bank, offering a comprehensive range of banking products and services for both the retail and corporate markets, across a wide branch network in Uganda. On behalf of our client, we are searching for an experienced Information Communication Technology Specialist to fill the following position:
Job Title: Head of ICT
Reports to: Executive Director
Responsible for providing leadership and direction in the IT technical function and services including testing, staff training, development, implementation, support of applications and any other identified software & hardware products in accordance with best practice IT principles, policies and procedures.
Key Performance Areas
- Developing and implementing the business plan, goals,
and budget for ICT function and activities that consider the overall corporate objectives, business plan and operational priorities.
- Establishing and setting quality service standards to respond to internal and external client’s inquiries, requests, and issues related to ICT.
- Evaluating, monitoring, and controlling department and staff performance against agreed performance standards.
- Regularly review and update the company‘s ICT strategy ensuring that it continues to reflect changes in the company's objective, legislation, and the external technological environment.
- Ensuring that head office and all branches are in compliance with established ICT policies, procedures and statutory regulations.
- Participating in various internal Board and Management Committee meetings.
- Setting the overall ICT objectives and plans and monitor performance against the strategic plan; reports and takes corrective action against significant deviations
- Ensuring regular client, supplier and staff satisfaction surveys regarding ICT services and takes corrective action. Ensuring the delivery of high quality service standards to internal clients in responding to inquiries, requests, and issues related to ICT.
- Overseeing the documentation and application of sound and up to date ICT principles and ensures compliance with local banking and finance legislation, regulations, policies, and procedures.
- In close co-ordination with Head of Finance, and Head of internal Audit, ensures that all ICT aspects comply with Central Bank regulations.
- Setting up, testing, and maintaining ICT Disaster Recovery Plans, policies and procedures.
- Negotiating and attaining vendor and business contractual levels for services and equipment.
- Coordinating and maintaining contracts for all computers and auxiliary equipment and user documentation for all software applications.
- Coordinating and overseeing the delivery, installation, setting-up, testing, and implementation of all new software systems and upgrades and implements all system customizations.
- Participating in negotiating terms and conditions for purchases and providing on-going support with computer hardware, software, telecommunication, and power.
- Master's degree in either computer Science, Information Technology or Business computing.
- Bachelor’s degree in either computer Science or Information Technology
- At least 5 years working experience in a busy IT environment.
- Wide knowledge of and advanced skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation, Serves , software programs of diverse functionality used by Banks including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, and network administrative programs and resources.
- Advanced knowledge of related statutory IT compliance regulations and banking policies, procedures, and systems.
- Knowledge of the General Banking or Financial Services Act, banking laws and regulations, local legal legislation, local employment and labour laws.
- Experience with MS SOL is required. However any other knowledge ct relational databases like My5QL, postgress and oracle is an added advantage.
- Project Planning and Performance Management skills
- Reporting and Communication Skills
- Organizing, Interpersonal, and People Management Skills