- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Human Resource Officer
African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET)
Deadline of this Job:
29th March 2019
Date Posted: 15th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 2000000 , Minimum: 1400000 , Maximum: 6000000 , Period: MONTH
Title: Human Resource Officer
Number of Positions: One (01)
Reports to: Manager Human Resource
Application Deadline: Friday March 29, 2019
Duty Station: AFENET Secretariat
The African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) is a not for profit, networking alliance and service organization that brings together field epidemiology training programs (FETPs) across Africa working side by side with Ministries of Health, regional and international partners. AFENET works to strengthen epidemiology and disease surveillance capabilities of African countries that are critical to meeting the requirements of the integrated Disease Surveillance and Response (IDSR) strategy and the international Health Regulations (IHR).
Established in 2005, AFENEF has supported more than 2D African countries across sub-Saharan Africa advance their capabilities in early detection and response to infectious and non-infectious diseases. AFENET is looking to hire capable and qualified person into the position of an Accountants Assistant to support the Finance and Accounts function at the secretariat and also in collaboration with AFENET partners and member countries. AFENET is looking forward to hiring a capable and qualiﬁed person into the position of HUMAN RESOURCE OFFICER.
This position provides support, and guidance in management of the Human resource function in the Organization.
• Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely, organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire and retain staff.
• Responsible for managing the Human Resource information System (HRIS) database, entering data in the system and generating reports for use by management.
• Provide advice and assistance to supervisor on staff recruitment ensuring job positions are aligned to the organization's staff competence profile
• Provide support to other supervisors and staff in skills development and capabilities of staff
• Provide assistance in coordination of staff trainings, workshops and activities
• Provide assistance in coordination of the performance management system for the human resources both at Secretariat and the Network;
• Provide advice and assistance when conducting staff performance evaluations and identify training and development needs
• Provide basic counseling to staff who have performance related obstacles
• Provide advice and assistance in developing human resource plans
• Facilitate orientation for new employees
• Monitor staff attendance and absences
• Provide advice and recommendations on discipline
• Monitor scheduled absences such as leave or travel and coordinate action to ensure staff absence is adequately covered to ensure continuity of services
• Provide information and assistance to staff and supervisors on human resources and work related issues
• Provide advice and assistance to staff and supervisors on pay and benefits systems, ensuring compliance with the organization's compensation structure
• Monitor confidential employee staff contracts and other electronic personnel records
• Custodian of all human resource related information and personnel records
• Offer assistance in Managing employee grievance, complaint and disciplinary cases in accordance with human resource guidelines and regulations;
• Assist in the employee separation processes for both voluntary and involuntary exits
• Conduct regular surveys to ascertain the level of employee satisfaction and ensure identified
• Provide support to supervisors and staff to develop the skills and capabilities of the staff
• Bachelors’ Degree in Human Resource Management, industrial Psychology or Management
• Post Graduate training in Human Resource management is added advantage.
• Proven Post graduate work experience of 2-3 years‘ of Human Resource in a busy work environment or any reputable organization.
• Excellent communication, customer care and relationship skills.
• Membership to an HR Professional organization.
• Excellence in relevant Ms. Office computer applications and proficient at usage of a Human Resource Information System (HRIS) is a requirement..
Required functional competences:
The preferred candidate must prove possession the following;
• Excellent knowledge of human resources management skills
• Basic financial management skills
• Good knowledge of training skills
• Good stakeholder management skills
• Excellent knowledge of employment legislation
• Beneﬁts: A competitive remuneration
Job application procedure
Interested candidates should submit their Application Letters detailing their experiences and skills, Curriculum Vitae, copies of relevant academic documents and 3 references to: The Human Resource Office, African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET). Email: firstname.lastname@example.org on Friday, March 29, 2019 by close of business (East Africa Time). Note: in your application provide: Your name, email address, reliable telephone numbers.