- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Human Resource Officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Deadline of this Job:
Date Posted: 20th November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The Human Resource Officer will provide key support in all HR and administration functions and the day to day running of the IRC Uganda Office. The HR/Admin Officer will act as a systems administrator for the human resource information system (HRIS), effectively manage the payroll and will assist in the human resources/ admin activities including but not limited to recruitment and orientation, personnel files, training, staff benefits and medical insurance.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
HRIS Systems Management
• Supports the management of IRC Uganda’s HRIS system and ensuring that it is accurate and maintained up to date.
• Support the maintenance of all talent acquisition and management processes in HRIS as assigned, to ensure 100% data integrity.
• Optimize the use of HRIS at the country level ensuring that data is accurately captured; undertake a variety of administration functions (including creation and maintenance of menus, tasks, screens, profiles, security elements and passwords etc.); set up and run standard reports.
• Lead on the development of new workflows in the HRIS.
• Act as initial point of contact for the systems provider and as an internal support desk for HRIS queries.
• Capacity building employees, management and HR Focal points in use of HRIS and reporting.
• Process Payroll for national staff in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring that all statutory and other deductions are made by 15th monthly.
• Implement changes to entitlements in the payroll in a timely manner. This will include overtime and other additional payments for which authorized claims have been submitted by the 15th of the month.
• Prepare staff contributions to relevant statutory bodies (social security-NSSF, PAYE-URA etc.) monthly
• Produce the monthly payroll in respect of new starters and leavers and ensure accurate and timely completion
• Support in recruitment activities for the national employees (job adverts, interviews, recruitment, contracts, and personnel files)
• Prepare COS (Change of Status) forms as required and draft /track Staff Contracts, termination forms/notifications.
• Facilitate the inclusion of new staff into the appropriate medical coverage plan and Group Accident Scheme (GPA).
• Follow up on all medical insurance matters for staff including adding and deleting staff to/from the employer’s liability and the medical and hospitalization insurance policy schemes as well as follow up on payments and claims.
• Assist in processing all requests for staff training and facilities enrollment in external training or securing of external consultants.
• Maintenance of accurate and up to date personnel records of all employees including orderly archiving
• Immigration, permit processing and Visas:
• Responsible for securing work permits, visas and other required documents for staff, both national and international IRC Uganda staff.
• Ensure that all staff have the proper work documentation and keep track of expiry dates to ensure prompt and timely renewal of documents.
• Notify staff and supervisor of relevant policy changes in immigration requirements/procedures;
• Advise the Supply Chain department immediately of any problems with either the office or Expat/ Guest house premises and ensure follow-up on these issues.
• Ensure that the Office attendants/Cleaners have all the necessary cleaning materials and tools timely
Property (offices & Expat houses) and Utilities Management
• Keep track of lease dates, requirements and rights and action accordingly.
• Ensure payment of leaseholds and liaise with program staff to ensure proper coding.
• Outside of obligation to inform the HR /Admin Manager records and issues pertaining to staff in the office
Conference / Meetings and Travels Management
• Coordinate all external IRC requests for conferences, accommodation, travel and meetings. Keep clear and easily accessible records of all requests.
• Responsible for Administration correspondences and maintaining administration files.
• Perform other duties as needed or requested by the HR /Admin Manager or the HR/Admin Coordinator.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
• The applicant for the International Rescue Committee Human Resource Officer job placement must hold a University Degree, Diploma in Human Resources or similar professional qualification
• Three years of relevant professional experience in human resources
• Strong knowledge and experience of HRISs, and ideally in supporting others to use HRIS
• Extensive knowledge and experience of managing a payroll, preferably for more than 400 employees
• Previous experience working with an International NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR sector
• Previous experience in using ProMISE HRMIS is an advantage
• Strong experience in an human resource support role
• Ability to analyse and interpret numerical data and processes
• Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality of HR information
• Ability to use judgement to determine when to deal with a query to conclusion or when to pass to another member of the team
• Organised and methodical and with good attention to detail
• Willingness and ability to work within a multi-site, international organisation
• Customer focused with good interpersonal skills
• Ability to work on own initiative with limited supervision
• Ability to deal with ambiguity and work towards a resolution
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent Microsoft Office packages - Word, Excel, and Outlook.
• Able to coach and support others
Job application procedure
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send apply online at the link below. Click Here