- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA has received funds from Education Cannot Wait, European Union, UNHCR and UNICEF to implement projects in Bidibidi, Rwamwanja and Kyaka ll Refugee Settlements. FCA is now looking for competent persons to ﬁll vacant multiple positions below.
Job Title: ICT Officer
Duty Station: Kyaka II Refugee Settlement
Reports to: Area Manager
Primary purpose: Skilled IT support will be required to implement and support the BTVET Centre to train and equip youth with ICT basic skills.
Tasks and Duties
• Control and maintain IT systems such as to minimize IT service downtime
• Assist In performing software installations and support clay-today systems operations.
• Hardware and software support.
• Performing preventive maintenance service on the IT equipment on a scheduled basis.
• Performing general repairs on IT equipment and peripherals as instructed
• Support to maintain an inventory schedule of all IT equipment and software in use and in the store. Through diagnosing their status and performance.
• Maintain a record of the equipment received for repairs and maintenance.
• Ensure that internet invoices are received on time and forwarded to ﬁnance tor payment
• Provide help desk and technical support to the users.
• Provide Simple guideline training to Assistant Instructors during service time.
• Respond to and resolve IT service outages by determining the probable cause, contacting the service providers where necessary and escalating it necessary. assessing individual group training needs
• Developing and delivering programmes of teaming activities
• Preparing training materials and invigilating examinations
• Checking and assessing Trainees work and giving feedback .
• Design training programmes appropriate to the skills needed
• Design course materials and documents such as handouts, manuals and exercises
• Prepare the teaming environment and resources, Including setting up lT equipment where appropriate '
• Deliver training programmes in formal (e.g. classroom), informal (e.g. ﬂoor
• walking) or office (e.g. e‘-teaming and webinar) settings
• Support and coach learners using teaming technologies to deliver skills Undertake other duties as designated
• BSC IT/Computer science or any relevant field.
• Knowledge of Windows Sewer 2006, 2012
• A+, N+, CCNAcert1tlcntton
• Web Design - HTML and CSS
• At least2 years’ experience in a related ﬁeld
• Added advantage tor one who speaks Swahili or any other local language relevant in the area of operations
Job application procedure
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and resume to: email@example.com stating the vacancy job title in the subject line. Alternatively, "applications can be hand delivered at FCA Kampala office using the address below. Ensure to indicate the job applied tor on the left hand comer of the envelope. Please do not attach academic papers it you send by email.
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank Hill Road
P.O Box 21826, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.