Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development
Deadline of this Job:
4th December, 2018
Date Posted: 26th November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development BMAU is searching for an Industrial Economist
The ofﬁcer will specifically handle Industrialization related work in the Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit and the ministry in general:
- Collection, reviewing and collating primary and secondary data in Ministerial Policy statements, Budget Framework Papers, programme and project documents, work plans, progress reports and any other relevant documents.
- Participate in allocated sector meetings with the Technical Monitoring Ofﬁcer (TMO), project and desk officers as required from time to time to gain insight of the ongoing policy and budget processes
- Development of methodology and tools for data collection
- Participate in field monitoring of the actual implementation of the government programmes in the Industrialization sector
- Data entry, collation, cleaning and analysis
- Produce sectorial budget monitoring reports, policy briefs, discussion papers and other relevant reports under the Directorate of Budget
- Participate in the capacity building activities organized by BMAU
- Undertake any other duties as assigned by the Technical Monitoring Ofﬁcer of the given sector and the Head of Budget Monitoring and Accountability Unit.
Key required competencies
- At least two years‘ experience in industrial, innovations, technology, value chain processes and trade
- At least two years’ experience in monitoring of development work
- Excellent analysis (both qualitative and quantitative) and report writing skills
- Strong communication, and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of computer applications
- Have knowledge of government systems and able to work in a multi-cultural setting
- Excellent written and spoken English
- Ability to travel around Uganda
- Masters in Industrial Economics, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Food Science and
- Technology, Agricultural Engineering, Agri- business, ICT or related field.
- Degree or post-graduate diploma in Monitoring and Evaluation is desirable.
- Computer literate
- Have good communication and interpersonal Ski||S
- Knowledge of gender would be an added advantage
- Have knowledge of government systems
Job application procedure
Applications must be submitted by 4th December, 2018 to the following address; The Head, Budget Monitoring & Accountability Unit Floor 3, Room 3.13, Finance Building, Plot 2 -12, Apollo Kaggwa Road, P. O. Box 8147, KAMPALA - UGANDA Enquiries: Telephone: 041 4707250 Email: Annette.Nansubuga@ﬁnance.go.ug