- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Laboratory Services And Logistics Advisor
Jobs at:Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB)
Deadline of this Job:
15th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
The Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau (UPMB), a leading Christian organization coordinating 302 Member Health facilities all over Uganda, is inviting applications for the following position from suitably qualified individuals to work as part of a professional and self-driven team.
Candidates should be people of good reputation and are willing to uphold the ethics and values of UPMB.
To oversee all laboratory operations of the UPMB member Health facilities, Coordinate and provide technical assistance to ensure quality adequate and reliable equipment, supplies and HIV related laboratory services in the facilities.
• Participate in planning and overseeing the laboratory functions of the UPMB member sites
• Oversee laboratory services standard and ensure good clinical Laboratory practices at the sites
• Orient lab staff in any new laboratory techniques and procedures
• Identify capacity gaps and planning for capacity building in the implementing facilities
• Develop standard operating procedures and ensure that the facilities are using them
• Develop an internal quality control system and external quality control system and ensure that facilities are using them.
• Support facilities to Establish and monitor
• Equipment Management and Maintenance Systems in target Laboratories
• Establish and monitor a Supply Chain
• Management System and ensure timely ordering of buffer stocks for target labs
• Oversee the functionality for laboratory hubs in the network, providing but not limited technical assistance and capacity building to the staff supporting the hubs.
• Effective time management
• High level of integrity,
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Good interpersonal and teamwork skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in biomedical laboratory technology, Experience of Good laboratory practice,
• At least, 5 years working experience in a medical laboratory. Should be computer literate with basic knowledge of Microsoft applications
• Master’s degree in a related field is an added advantage
• Qualification in procurement and logistics management
• Experience in HIV related services is critical
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified
Job application procedure
Interested persons who wish to apply may e-mail, post or hand-deliver an application letter with a detailed CV naming at least two referees, to:
Uganda Protestant Medical Bureau
Plot 877 Balintuma Road Mengo
P.O. Box 4127, Kampala-Uganda
Deadline for submission is one week after date of publication.