- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Linux Systems Administration
Jobs at:Roke Telkom
Deadline of this Job:
10th December 2019
Date Posted: Monday, December 02, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Roke Telkom is, a Uganda-based telecommunications company that has been fully licensed since 2006 by the Uganda Communications Commission (UCC) as a Public Service Provider (capacity Resale, Voice & Data) and Public Infrastructure Provider. We are looking for suitably qualiﬁed candidates to take up the following vacancies and join the Roke Telkom team.
Job Title: Linux Systems Administration
Department: Technical Department.
Responsible for effective provisioning, installation, conﬁguration, operation, and maintenance of the company’s systems infrastructure with focus on continuous improvement of stability, performance, maintaining and improving the security posture of the systems, continuous monitoring of system health, and troubleshooting issues that arise.
Qualiﬁcations and Experience
• A University degree from a recognized university
• Demonstrated signiﬁcant professional experience in Linux Systems Administration (3+ years)
• Good proﬁciency with MySQL database management
• Scripting experience (Bash, Python, Perl, Powershell)
• Knowledge of Virtualization technologies and platforms (Proxmox preferred)
• Basic understanding of networking, including VLANs, subnetting and TCP/IP.
• Strong understanding of server security and firewalls
• Good knowledge of Apache, BIND, ISC DHCP, Cacti and Postﬁx
• Good written and verbal communication skills
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Not Specified
Job Experience Requirements: Not Specified