- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 8th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
About BAP Finance:
BAP Finance is delivering the products and services to rural farmers to unlock potentials and propel communities forward. To catalyze farmers to realize their potential BAP Finance offers asset financing directly to the Base of the Pyramid (BoP). Our first product, a bicycle, connects farmers to market and other basic life needs. Our portfolio is growing with new assets that push upward mobility. We’re dedicated to serving farmers who are financially excluded and yet need access to assets on credit.
We are a social driven business. We are committed to our impact and the farming customers we serve, but we see the need for business opportunities in community development.
To date we’ve disbursed over 3,500 loans and are focused on another 2,000 in the coming twelve months.
About the role:
As a Marketing Officer, you will have responsibility to sell our growing portfolio of agricultural based loan products (including bicycles, oxen and ploughs, grinding mills, etc.). Your position and your sales are based in Gulu and the surrounding districts.
Your responsibilities include:
Client Identification (55%):
• Travel daily to the field to meet potential clients and build relationships with local leaders
• Work with local leaders to identify and target existing organized VSLA and farming groups.
• Identify potential clients that are not formed in a group, and help establish organized groups.
• Market loan products to existing groups.
• Complete group screening forms following BAP’s policies and procedures.
• Complete individual loan applications for clients in approved groups
• Analyze and suggest ways BAP can improve its marketing strategies.
• Create marketing materials to share with local leaders and potential customers.
Customer Service (25%):
• Deliver high quality client service by keeping time, providing accurate information, and being respectful of all potential customers.
• Provide a wide variety of training to potential clients and groups before loan disbursal.
• Maintain close relationships with customers throughout loan process.
• Go the “extra mile” to build trusting relationships, customer loyalty and satisfaction.
• Provide accurate, and up to date, information on BAP loan products to potential clients.
• Deliver pre-loan trainings to potential clients and groups
• Maintain client and loan pipeline spreadsheet
• Work closely with loan officers to ensure progression of clients through pipeline
• Lead weekly Marketing meetings.
Key Result Areas/ Accountabilities:
• Proactively develop relationships with VSLA groups
• Meet group screening targets
• Meet targets for successful individual applications
• Successfully recover payments from defaulting clients
Knowledge and Skills:
• Business or Marketing Certificate, or Degree preferred
• Minimum of 2 years experience in similar role.
• Experience working with VSLAs, or farmer’s groups
• Fluency in both Luo/ Langi and English
• Ability to ride motorcycle long distances daily (and a riding permit)
• Be able to work independently
• Outgoing with the ability to approach new groups or clients
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word and Excel, as well as, the ability to learn new programs
• Previous experience in a Micro-Finance is an added advantage.
Why work with us?
• We are growing quickly and as a Relationship Officer you will be the public face of the company, introducing our company and products to new clients in the Gulu region.
• At BAP Finance, we are constantly seeking to build the best company. This means we take your feedback seriously and you can see your individual efforts in improved procedures.
• While our team is result-oriented, we also have a lot of fun. We enjoy team meals and lots of laughter.
You will work out of our office in Gulu. Expect to spend about 85% of your time in the field. Compensation is competitive and benefits include health insurance, professional development, and airtime. Working hours are Monday to Friday 9:00am to 5:30pm. Evening and weekend work may be needed. As a Marketing Officer you will report to the Senior Relationship Officer, and will work alongside a growing team of eight Loan Officers and two other Marketing Officers.
Job application procedure
Apply online here: http://bit.ly/BAPROform
For those who cannot apply online you can hand-deliver your Updated Resume to: BAP Gulu office, Senior quarters: 30 Eden Road P.O.Box 1025 Gulu.
All candidates hand-delivering resumes must fill an application form from the office before they leave. Candidates who do not fill the form will not be considered. For more information visit careers at www.bapfinance.com
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019.