- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Advisor
Deadline of this Job:
25th February 2019
Date Posted: 8th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Post: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Advisor 2-Year renewable Kampala, Uganda with frequent travel to Acholi/Teso, and some International travel.
Key areas gt responsibility include:
The role of the MEAL Advisor will be to support the country office and our partners to develop and use MEL systems and to ensure these systems are used tor decision-making, reporting and documentation of results. This Advisor will need to be able to communicate MEL concepts to non-specialists in an easy to understand manner and support others to learn.
• Support programme team to ensure monitoring and evaluation information is used for learning and informing programme strategies/ adaption.
• Lead and support Trocaire staff in the development of programme monitoring and evaluation systems during the programme design phase, including adherence to donor requirements. Support programme staff in developing speciﬁc tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on programme impact.
• Provide technical support to partners on monitoring and evaluation systems and how to use these systems for learning and informing programme strategies/adaption. in conjunction with the programme staﬁ support partners in the development of project monitoring and evaluation including planning, development of data collection tools, and guidance on sampling and assurances on data quality.
• Train and support partner staff in developing specific tools to track quantitative and qualitative data on project impact.
• To document learning from staff and partners in a manner that is accessible that can be easily communicated to internal and external audiences.
• To keep up to date with trends in monitoring, evaluation and Accountability
Experience and Qualifications
• Degree in development studies or other relevant field
• Recognised courses in Monitoring and Evaluation.
• Minimum five years of working in an international or local organisation in Broadband.
• Experience in developing MEAL systems and processes
• Experience in using M& information for decision-making and reporting.
• Significant experience in capacity building on monitoring and evaluation in Uganda/abroad.
• Excellent communications and facilitation skills
• Excellent interpersonal and team-work skills. Highly organised, with excellent planning, prioritization and problem- solving skills.
Job application procedure
This position is open to Ugandan nationals only. Applications by 25th February 2019 — see the Ref above & link https://www.trocaire.org/about/work-with-trocaire/jobs Interested applicants can get the detailed Job Description and application from the Weblink