- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Deadline of this Job:
20th February 2019
Date Posted: 11th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest Non- Governmental Aid and development agencies in Germany. We campaign against worldwide hunger and for sustainable food and nutrition security by promoting site-appropriate farming, establishing access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, improving healthcare and education for people living in rural areas as well as promoting skills development for youth. In Uganda, Welthungerhilfe currently is operating in the districts of Moroto, Yumbe, Katakwi, Arua, and Fort Portal with its Country Office in Kampala. Welthungerhilfe in Arua received funds from BMZ to work with Partner Organization CEFORD and PALM Corps on the project called “Step up”. Welthungerhilfe is therefore looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic persons to fill the below: Note all positions run for one year with a possibility of renewal based on performance.
Position: Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Officer
Reports to: the Project Manager
Duty station: Arua
Objective of the position:
To identify performance indicators, develop quality assurance strategies, train project team, maintain contact with project partners and ensure all project aspects comply with the donor and organization requirements.
Duties and area of responsibility:
Establish a Monitoring and evaluation system
• Develop and set up a monitoring and evaluation system which meets the requirements of the donor and informs about the performance results in all sectors
• Ensure that the impact of all intervention is measurable, enhancing accountability to beneficiaries and gender equality is met.
• Follow up, advise and adjust monitoring practices based on log frames and monitoring plans in the project to ensure compliance with donor requirements.
• Integrate Welthungerhilfe success indicators in the project log frame and ensure that these are measured during project implementation
• Establish and manage a database, assist in data analysis and supervise regular data collection
• To work with partners and other members of the team, as need be, on follow up of project indicators, implementation of processes, standard operating procedures
• Work closely with Project team to assess field conditions, support capacity building initiatives, and facilitate the collection of quality data under the supervision of the Project Manager.
• Plan and support the WASH team in conducting household surveys and Assessments
Facilitate learning processes
• Facilitate learning processes among staff by providing summaries, facilitating discussions and preparing presentations on lessons learnt
• Train and build capacity of the team on use of the AkvoFlow for data collection, analysis and reporting
• Plan and coordinate joint monitoring sessions with other stakeholders and document key lessons from such joint monitoring sessions
• Share lessons learnt and best practices in WASH working groups and fora on behalf of Welthungerhilfe
• Conduct regular project site visits and provide detailed information for narrative reporting and documentation
Planning and reporting roles
• To collaborate with the Project Management unit as assigned by the Project Manager in reviewing and preparing monthly, quarterly and final narrative reports in a timely manner.
• Contribute to all project planning activities
• Participate in the planning and proposal development processes for the organization
• Prepare, plan and accompany project visitors and donors to different project intervention locations.
A Degree in Monitoring and Evaluation, in Social Science or in Agriculture
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with a detailed CV contact detail including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one-page motivation letter by hand to Welthungerhilfe arua office not later than February 20, 2019 at 05:00pm. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.