- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Jobs at:Associazione Volontari per il Servizio Internazionale ( AVSI )
Deadline of this Job:
18th July 2019
Date Posted: Wednesday, July 10, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
AVSI is an international NGO with headquarters in Italy, which has been active in Uganda since 1984. Its current activities are focused in the areas of education, health, livelihoods, and protection, nutrition and refugee programs in Uganda.
UNICEF and AVSI entered into a partnership under the project entitled District Health System Strengthening on RMNCAH, HIV, and Nutrition in the districts of Arua, Adjumani, Koboko, Maracha, Moyo, Nebbi, Pakwach, Yumbe, Zombo, Lamwo and Kiryandongo - ALIVE.
The projects aim to “Support and keep children and mothers ALIVE through the provision of a comprehensive Health, Nutrition, and HIV/AIDS Package” under which AVSI contributes to efforts to reduce maternal and child mortality and improve the quality of life of children and women in Northern Uganda, Acholi and West Nile sub-regions.
The project also will support and build synergies with other implementing partners and AVSI existing projects; ‘Maximizing impact against HIV, TB, and Malaria in Acholi Sub-Region’ funded by Italian Cooperation, Resilient Learners, Teachers and Education Systems in South Sudan and Uganda (RICE) in Lamwo and Arua districts, funded by EU.
AVSI is seeking to recruit suitably qualified personnel for the position of Monitoring and Evaluation officer, the successful candidate will be responsible for the general oversight and management of the data collection, entry, analysis, reporting, and M&E related component of the project in the project districts. The Staff member will assist the Program Manager ALIVE5 and Maximizing impact against HIV, TB, and Malaria with the overall M&E component and reporting as per schedules. .
• Develop and implement M&E plan of project to generate regular information related to progress of the project.
• Develop common indicators for data collection, design data collection tools/ templates, and assist for regular data collection/generation process.
• To liaise with the program officers of project, district biostatisticians and the health facilities records officers of the project districts for the collection of data and provide technical support to project staff on implementing M&E plan and logical framework.
• Provide technical support to staff members for all M&E related activities, train staff members on M&E concepts, skills and tools and work closely with implementing team for enhancing their capacity for proper data collection and reporting.
• Support the project team to prepare period reports of project through providing M&E related information to ensure timely reporting, project data collection by utilizing the set system.
• Participate in field assessment to collect information and data needed for design, monitoring and evaluation of projects and to ensure that lessons learned from project evaluations are documented properly.
• To collaborate with the other M&E officers of the other AVSI/UNICEF health projects as requested by the donor to build to best practices and synergie.
Competencies and special skills requirement:
• Ability to analyses policy documents and make constructive policy suggestions;
• Strong interpersonal, communication and diplomatic skills, ability to work in a team;
• Good writing and reporting skills;
• Good presentation and communication skills;
• Ability to work under pressure and stressful situations, and to meet tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of the Government of Uganda Health Policy and UN/UNICEF systems
• Excellent command computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
• Degree in Information and Management Sciences/ICT, Statistics, Qualitative Economics, Health Informative, etc
• Post Graduate Diploma in M&E is added advantage
• A minimum of 5 years of combined working experience for Degree including post graduate diploma)Experience in health development program implementation and Experience working in a district setting Knowledge of and experience in Health System Strengthening (HSS) programme.
• Experience in working with district local government (including Ministry of Health), development agencies, and/or International NGOs in health is desirable.
Job Education Requirements: Bachelor’s Degree
Job Experience Requirements: 5 years
Job application procedure
The AVSI Country Representative, AVSI Foundation, P.O.Box 6785, Kampala, Uganda and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, 18th July 2019 (5.00 pm), indicating the e-mail subject as ‘Application for Nutrition Specialist’.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
AVSI Foundation is an equal opportunities employer and has a functional Child Protection Policy by which all AVSI staff and Associates must abide.