- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA has received funds from Education Cannot Wait, European Union, UNHCR and UNICEF to implement projects in Bidibidi, Rwamwanja and Kyaka ll Refugee Settlements. FCA is now looking for competent persons to ﬁll vacant multiple positions below.
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Duty Station: Arua District
Reports to: Area Manager
Primary Purpose: The M&E Ofﬁcer will lead technical role in developing, implementing, and maintaining effective and appropriate Monitoring and Evaluation systems for the project The post will involve coordination with project management and stated teams in line with UNICEF reporting requirements, and with FCA guidelines and best practices.
Duties and Tasks
• Based on the project proposal, implementation plan, and donor reporting requirements, develop a system for capturing and documenting data and relevant information on project activities, beneﬁciaries, outputs, outcomes, and impacts, which is feasible, practical, and ‘user friendly’, and will obtain valid and reliable information.
• Be responsible for generating the draft quarterly project reports and share with the Area Manager for further review and ﬁnal submission to line departments
• Ensure roll-out of M&E plan and reporting systems for all staff through training, site visits, manuals, and other technical support as needed working closely with the Country program M&E Specialist.
• Ensure data capture and reporting systems are well understood and properly implemented by station
• Ensure that all tools are practical and user friendly to project staff.
• Work with the project team to popularize the reporting processes to ensure that all information and data is collected, documented, and collated in an accurate and timely manner.
• Help coordinate overall project review and evaluation activities as required in partnership with the UNICEF. This includes coordinating mid-term and ﬁnal evaluations, and supporting donor and external reviews as might be required.
• Ensure regular reviews of the M&E system itself, making improvements as needed and recommended, in consultation with the Area manager.
• Lead in the preparation of monthly/quarterly project reports ensuring utmost quality
• Lead the routine collection, analysis, and use of data quality for reporting and planning purposes.
• Create a system for ensuring that information obtained is shared with communities, teachers, parents and other relevant stakeholders through e regular feedback mechanism to ensure continuous performance improvement.
• Keep record of information obtained during research (database of information, hard ﬁles, etc.)
• Advanced training in M&E and quantitative methodologies, including database management. '
• 5 years of experience in monitoring and evaluation related in one or more of these ﬁelds: education, statistics. Strong analytical skills, and an understanding of a range of methods for monitoring, evaluation and assessment. Demonstrated ability to design, commission, and manage assessment methodologies and evaluation,
• Computer literate and use of data analysis tools and methods '
• Strong communications skills (both written and verbal).
• Knowledge in SPSS.
Job application procedure
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy job title in the subject line. Alternatively, "applications can be hand delivered at FCA Kampala office using the address below. Ensure to indicate the job applied tor on the left hand comer of the envelope. Please do not attach academic papers it you send by email.
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank Hill Road
P.O Box 21826, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.