- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
20th February 2019
Date Posted: 11th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Welthungerhilfe (WHH), founded in 1962, is today one of the biggest Non- Governmental Aid and development agencies in Germany. We campaign against worldwide hunger and for sustainable food and nutrition security by promoting site-appropriate farming, establishing access to clean water, sanitation and hygiene, improving healthcare and education for people living in rural areas as well as promoting skills development for youth. In Uganda, Welthungerhilfe currently is operating in the districts of Moroto, Yumbe, Katakwi, Arua, and Fort Portal with its Country Office in Kampala. Welthungerhilfe in Arua received funds from BMZ to work with Partner Organization CEFORD and PALM Corps on the project called “Step up”. Welthungerhilfe is therefore looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic persons to fill the below: Note all positions run for one year with a possibility of renewal based on performance.
Position title: Nutritionist
Reports to: Project Manager
Duty station: Arua
The Nutritionist supports nutrition-related behavior change in step up project. S/he supports capacity building, supervision and backstopping of partners on nutrition related issues and provide guidance to Welthungerhilfe management.
Specific duties include
• Support monthly trainings of FFS-Facilitators and subsequent community level trainings.
• Conduct supportive supervision and on-the-job mentoring at community level.
• Work with change agents at district and community level.
• Support the preparation of quality reports, learning, other documents.
• Any other duty as assigned by supervisor.
• BSc in nutrition, public health or community development.
• Three years of relevant experience in preventive nutrition and/or behaviour change.
• Excellent skills in reporting (English), training, mobilization and sensitization.
• Valid motorcycle driving license.
• Willingness to live in a rural, semi-urban environment and to travel.
• Very good MS Office.
• Madi, Kakwa, Lugbara, Arabic is desirable.
• Work experience in West Nile and cultural awareness (host, refugee) is desirable.
• Desirable experience: community-level programming, nutrition-sensitive programme, support supervision, post-harvest handling, IYCF/ NACS, radio shows, drama groups, electronic data collection.
Job application procedure
Qualified and interested applicants should submit their applications with a detailed CV contact detail including telephone numbers of reference persons (max. 3 pages) and a one-page motivation letter by hand to Welthungerhilfe arua office not later than February 20, 2019 at 05:00pm. Welthungerhilfe is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.