- Notify Me
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Technical Director
Jobs at:Chemonics international lnc
Deadline of this Job:
22nd November 2019
Date Posted: Friday, November 08, 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed
Chemonics international lnc., a leading international development consulting firm, seeks experienced professionals for the anticipated $100-300 million integrated Child and Youth Development Activity (ICYD) in Uganda. ICYD aims to improve youth learning outcomes, while ensuring that children and youth are safe and healthy in their community and learning environments. Specifically, this activity will address primary school retention, provide technical assistance to orphans and vulnerable children sen/ice providers, and employ high-impact local partnerships to accomplish the activity’s objectives. We are looking for individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people globally. Experience in Uganda is strongly preferred, and English fluency is required for all position.
Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Technical Director.
• Master's degree in social sciences (e.g. social work, management, child development), public health, or related field;
• Minimum seven years of experience in technical direction of international programming that works to improve child protection, health, and safety;
• Experience building the capacity of and providing technical assistance to local partner organizations, especially those in the health and social welfare sectors;
• Extensive knowledge of OVC, HIV/AlDS, social services management, and child welfare in the Ugandan context, including familiarity PEPFAR DREAMS approach and with Journeys curriculum for HIV and violence prevention;
• Minimum five years of demonstrated excellence in a management position, including direct supervision and evaluation of professional staff/consultants and management and oversight of multiple concurrent project activities and deliverables.
Job Responsibilities: Not Specified
Job Skills: Not Specified
Job Education Requirements: Master's Degree
Job Experience Requirements: Five years