Procurement and Stores Manager
Entebbe Handling Services (ENHAS)
Deadline of this Job:
26th November 2018
Date Posted: 22nd November 2018 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time
Reports to: Finance Manager
Supervises: Procurement Officer, Store Keeper, Fuel Clerk
Entebbe Handling Services (ENHAS) ensures smooth handling of passengers from check-in to boarding, offering a warm experience for over 2000 air travellers daily. Safety is at the heart of everything we do. ENHAS provides assistance to passengers with special needs, including unaccompanied minors, the blind, deaf, those with reduced mobility and the elderly. We verify and advise about the authenticity of travel documents, check in passenger baggage and help you through immigration and security procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Familiarise yourself with NAS Procurement policies and procedures for effective internal controls and high service levels.
- Ensure timely, quality and cost-effective sourcing and purchasing of materials from NAS approved and registered suppliers in compliance with company and legal requirements.
- Ensure accurate, safe, clean & organised inventory storage through periodic inventory audits and staff training in inventory management.
- Developing new suppliers in consultation with established tender committee and maintain up-dated suppliers list with clear supplier feedback criteria.
- Initiate procurement meetings and liaise with users, tender committee, agents, to ensure timely requisitions, approvals and clearance of both local and imported consignments and maintain minutes of the meetings.
- Identify inventory that are prone to abuse and devise better controls and ensure timely disposal of waste material at value and minimize waste creation and accumulation.
- Recruit and train Procurement and Stores staff on established procedures and draw up work schedules and KRAs for performance management of direct reports. Supervise leave planning and management.
- Monitor that all purchases are received and issued in accordance with established policies and procedures and that there is approval and accountability of all transactions to and from the stores.
- Ensure accurate procurement and inventory record keeping such as GRNs POs, stocktakes and reconciliations reports for periodic financial audits
- Conduct independent investigations on inventory related fraud and waste, make analysis and provide solutions to prevent re-occurrences.
- Submit weekly, Quarterly and annual procurement and inventory status reports for effective procurement and inventory planning respectively.
- Support ERP to incorporate established procurement and inventory internal controls, transactions, reporting and analysis to minimize manual documentations and excel reports.