- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Procurement Logistic Officer – Team Leader
Deadline of this Job:
29th March 2019
Date Posted: 15th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1000000 , Minimum: 700000 , Maximum: 3000000 , Period: MONTH
ENABEL, Belgian development agency, together with the United States Agency for International
Development (USAlD), is implementing a new project in the Acholi sub region with details below. The Project assists Ugandan authorities and civil society stakeholders to roll out the National Result Based Financing (RBF) Policy in the Acholi Sub-region of Uganda. The execution of the Project is planned to last 4 years with 3 years of operational implementation of the core RBF mechanism and will work in synergy with other implementers in the same region. The Objective of the Project is, ‘To reinforce the health systems in the Acholi sub region in order to provide better health, financial protection and greater equity to the most vulnerable populations ln order to implement the above objective, Enable in Uganda therefore seeks to recruit competent and well qualified Ugandan nationals to fill in the following positions
Procurement Logistic Officer – Team Leader
Duty Station: Kampala
Contract Duration; 39 months (With a probation period of 6 months)
Under the supervision of the International Finance and Contracting coordinator, ensure that all Project procurements below 25,000 Euro are handled in the most effective, efficient, timely manner with emphasis on quality and value for money..
MAJOR ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Planning Officer (10%)
• Prepare a procurement and purchase plan for the project purchases quarterly:
• Ensure timely participation, involvement and decision making by the various stakeholders;
• Ensure that all furniture, equipment and services purchased are efficient and of good quality (value for money);
• Establish and maintain a database with a price list for routine purchases and services (hotels, office supplies, transport, charter flights. ...)
• Advise responsible staff on specifications and templates with regard to procure and follow up logistics procedures.
Fleet Manager (15%)
• Ensure all vehicles are registered on time;
• Submit registration applications to the competent authority’s in accordance with procedures in force
• Ensure that each vehicle has all documents required to circulate in accordance with the laws of the country (registration documents, appropriate number plate, etc.), renew such documents or authorizations if necessary;
• Be responsible for returning documents such as number plates to the competent authorities if necessary;
• Keep and updated registration and follow-up of log books or records;
• Control the vehicle documents. tracking system, fuel consumption, maintenance and repairs:
• Arrange transport for all Enabel staff, government officials and consultants only for work purposes.
• Plan drivers and vehicles for national and international staff, government officials and other donors.
File and Records Manager (15%)
• Establish an inventory of the Projects and keep it up-to-date;
• Keep a register of all purchases (stock), Investments (Inventory) and contracted services;
• Establish all Administrative documents (Requests for prices.
• Evaluation Reports) related to the procurement and logistics of the projects;
• Ensure that all assets are insured on time:
• Contribute to Financial Activity reporting of the project.
• Procurement and Logistics Expert (30%)
• Establish technical specifications in collaboration with the requesting departments of the projects:
• Roll out Procurements at the project below 25,000 Euro:
• Evaluate and establish a database oi main suppliers;
• Propose quality control, respecting time and costs and any savings where necessary;
• Explore the market and establish contact with suppliers or potential suppliers;
• Purchase investments, stationeries and services with respect the Ugandan Procurement procedures and the Belgian Procurement Procedures.
• Coordinate procurement planning and distribute tasks to the stakeholders;
• Coordinate and provide follow-up/evaluation of procurement and logistical tasks;
• Coordinate the movement of the ENABEL cars as well as fuel management:
• Align, motivate and sensitize stakeholders to implement and follow the procurement and logistical procedures..
• Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement and or Logistics Management Business Administration, Commerce;
• Post Graduate Diploma in Procurement and Logistics plus other Trainings in Procurement will be of an added advantage.
Job Experience and Person Specifications:
Minimum of Five (5) Years proven experience in working with tendering procedures and logistic issues:
At least 3 years of professional experience in a similar type of job in an international organization, development cooperation. Diplomatic or consular structure; '
Proven experience in Ugandan public procurement (purchasing of computers, consultancy services, office supplies, office furniture. cars, etc.);
Ability to write and identify material technical specifications:
Good knowledge of quality and safety standards;
Excellent language skills in English, both written and spoken;
Pro—active and integrity and a positive attitude:
Mature, good communication skills; ,
Good knowledge of software and database applications (MS Word,
Excel and Access and Outlook land learning ability for new innovative
tools (shared servers, e-filing, ERP—system...):
Job application procedure
Enabel will offer a competitive salary package with a Gross monthly
income of between UGX 4,000,000 and UGX 4,500,000 depending on the
relevant years of work experience, medical insurance plus a l3th Month
Online application to be submitted to http://www.enabel.be/content/jobs
Go to current vacancies, choose Uganda and start your application process. Remember to change the language to English at the top right corner of the page
For hard copy applications:
Interested candidates should submit their hard copy application including a cover letter, curriculum vitae of 5 pages’ maximum and copies of relevant academic documents with names of at least 3 professional referees, their emails and telephone contacts to
Human Resource Officer
Enabel-Belgian Development Agency
Plot 1B Lower Kololo Terrace
P.o box40131, Kampala
Send your application not later than Friday 29th March
All qualified persons including female candidates and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted and invited for a written test
NB: Clearly indicate in your application letter the position you are interested in