- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Medical Teams International
Deadline of this Job:
22nd February 2019
Date Posted: 11th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world”. MTI-UG has operations in West Nile and South western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition. MTIUganda is seeking to recruit highly competent, dynamic, trainable and experienced candidate to fill the position of a Programme Coordinator.
JOB TITLE: Programme Coordinator
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs
POSITIONS MANAGED None: Indirect management
QUALIFICATION: University Degree; Post Graduate qualifications in Public Health, International
Relations, Development Studies or related field preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years in project or programme management in humanitarian sector preferably health related projects.
• Experience with ECHO funding Required
• Proven experience in Financial Management & Budget Monitoring
• Excellent computer, planning and organization skills
• Experience within an INGO and/or UN agency
• Creative thinking for rapid solutions.
• Good communicator with strong negotiation skills.
The Position will support the Programs Department in directly overseeing MTI’s portion of an Emergency Health Funding from ECHO. He/she will ensure that: MTI’s project is a coordinated effort, quality reports are submitted on time, proper communication to donors and partners occurs and expenses and indicators are tracked.
• Assist Director of Programs in ensuring MTI’s standard of quality in ECHO programing.
• Ensure timely implementation of planned activities and liaise with all involved partners for effective planning, execution and evaluation while ensuring compliance with the donor agreement and project proposal
• Participate in coordination meetings with Consortium Partner IRC, ECHO, MoH, UNHCR and other partners, contributing technical perspective.
• Assist in monthly report writing on program progress, obstacles and recommendations.
• Assist in donor report writing as requested; including gathering of information.
• Assist supervisor and program management in filing and record keeping of project activities and data entry of program statistics as requested.
• Participate at all stages of project cycle, providing technical inputs at each stage to ensure maximum health impacts.
Job application procedure
Interested applicants who meet the criteria should email their Application Letter and CV only including work related references to; email@example.com .
Only online applications will be accepted. Your application will be reviewed if you have fulfilled all the requirements including submission of standard file types such as MS Word (.doc) and adobe acrobat (.pdf) in a single attachment not exceeding 2MB.
Indicate clearly in the subject line: Position Title & Vacancy announcement number.
Do not attach your Academic transcripts. They will be requested if you are shortlisted.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. MTI is an equal opportunity employer.