- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Deadline of this Job:
22nd March 2019
Date Posted: 11th March 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full_Time , Currency: UGX , Value: 1500000 , Minimum: 1050000 , Maximum: 4500000 , Period: MONTH
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
That means we tack e the inequality that seeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. Wren disaster tackles. we help poop e build better lives "or themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won't stop until every person" on the planet car" enjoy life tree from‘poverty.
We are an international confederation of 19 organizations [afﬁliates] working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian. livelihoods and campaigning, in more 1hi3l'l BU countries
In Uganda. our program is anchored or three broad themes deliberately focused on Women's Rights: Governance and Accountability, Resilient Lively hoods and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
All our work is led by three core values. Empowerment. Accountability. inclusiveness.
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behavior at work including" sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, tack of integrity and ﬁnancial misconduct and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to snare this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who snare and demonstrate our values are recruited to wont for us.
Note: All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks
Oxfam is looking for competent persons to join our dynamic. innovative and committed team in the follow ng positions:
• ELNHA National, Fixed term based In Kampala with frequent local & International travel
• The position leads the overall ﬁnancial management of the ELNHA Project; is responsible for Partners Finance Capacity enhancement; project 8
• partner ﬁnancial reporting. The job entails building and maintaining effective financial systems and accounting frameworks that facilitate quality delivery of project results
Skills and experience:
• Degree in Accounting, ﬁnancial management, commerce. economics. Business Administration and professional certﬁcation in accounting are an added advantage.
• A minimum of 5 years’ experience of providing a whole range of ﬁnancial management services to an organization, with at least 2 years in an international NGO.
• Knowledge of computerized systems and demonstrate experience of working with computerized accounting packages and spreadsheets and proﬁciency in numeracy skills
• Signiﬁcant knowledge and experience of all core ﬁnancial management activities. including accounts payable. cash management, budget development, statutory requirements (particularly related to Ugandan standards) and standard accounts
• Excellent personal communication skills, in written and verbal English, self-awareness and flexibility
• Ability to demonstrate sensitivity to cultural differences, openness and willingness to learn about the application of gender /gender mainstreaming. women's rights and diversity for all aspects of development work.
• Commitment to Oxfam's safeguarding policies to ensure all people who come into contact with Oxfam are as safe as possible.
Job application procedure
Please follow the links below to access the detailed Job Descriptions and submit your application or send your CV and cover letter ONLY to the HR at firstname.lastname@example.org by 22nd March, 2019, indicating the position name in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Partnership Coordinator; https://career2.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobld=4865&company=OxfamNovibP&username=