- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Deadline of this Job:
18th January 2019
Date Posted: 11th January 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Finn Church Aid (FCA) is the largest Finnish international aid organization. We operate in 14 countries, where the needs are dire. We work with the poorest people, regardless of their religious beliefs, ethnic background or political convictions. Our work is based on rights, which means that our operations are guided by equality, non-discrimination and responsibility. FCA has received funds from Education Cannot Wait, European Union, UNHCR and UNICEF to implement projects in Bidibidi, Rwamwanja and Kyaka ll Refugee Settlements. FCA is now looking for competent persons to ﬁll vacant multiple positions below.
Job Title: Project Manager
Duty Station: Yumbe
Reports to: Humanitarian Programme Manager
Primary purpose of the position: The Project Manager will be responsible for undertaking activities within the project funded by the Education Cannot Wait (ECW).
Duties and Tasks
• Management of operations and activities of the designated project, ensuring that activity and ﬁnancial plans are respected;
• Budget Management and control responsibility;
• To analyse and develop strategies, ensuring achievement of set targets;
• To ensure effective monitoring and Evaluation of project activities;
• To ensure that the project meets strategic objectives and achieve maximum impact for the refugees;
• Tc liaise with relevant district department heads, OPM, UNHCR and other NGOs to promote coordination of education and child protection activities;
• To develop and consolidate good relationships with any relevant stakeholders;
• Conduct follow up on all project activities to ensure program quality;
• To participate in the development of new project proposals intended to extend the life spar of the project.
• Provide reporting required on the progress of activities
• implement the project in accordance with donor guidelines, FCA standing instructions, and UNHCR's education and Child Protection strategies for Uganda, ReHoPe framework and CRRF.
• Performs any other duties that may be assigned from time to time
• A University degree in Education, Humanitarian aid, Development studies, Social Work and Social Administration, Social sciences or related ﬁeld
• Qualiﬁcation in Education in Emergencies will be an added advantage.
• Minimum of 4 years‘ experience in implementing education projects in a humanitarian context
• Willingness to reside in Yumbe
Job application procedure
All suitably qualiﬁed and interested candidates are encouraged to send a completed application letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org stating the vacancy job title in the subject line. Alternatively, "applications can be hand delivered at FCA Kampala office using the address below. Ensure to indicate the job applied tor on the left hand comer of the envelope. Please do not attach academic papers it you send by email.
Finn Church Aid (FCA)
Plot 1495, Roche Close – Muyenga, Off Tank Hill Road
P.O Box 21826, Kampala, Uganda
Deadline for receiving applications is 18th January 2019
FCA will only contact short- listed applicants.