- CV Help
- All Jobs
- Contact us
Property Control and Inventory Assistant
United Nations Organization Stabilization Mission in the Dr Congo (MONUSCO)
Deadline of this Job:
2nd March 2019
Date Posted: 8th February 2019 , Base Salary: Not Disclosed , Employment Type: Full-Time , Currency: Ush
Issuance Date: 01 February 2019
Deadline Date: 02 March 2019
Type of contract: Fixed-Term Appointment
Duration: 1-year (further extension subject to successful performance and extension of mandate) Department: MONUSCO (UNITED NATIONS ORGANIZATION STABILIZATION MISSION IN THE DR CONGO) Entebbe Support Base Scheduled date for taking up appointment: ASAP
Title: Property Control and Inventory Assistant
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A LOCALLY RECRUITED POSITION, RESTRICTED TO UGANDAN NATIONALS AND/OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA
Women are strongly encouraged to apply
Qualified female candidates will be given priority for selection (DPKO Under-Secretary General's Policy Statement on Gender Mainstreaming).
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationship. This position is located within the Property Management Section in the Supply Chain Management Services of the Entebbe Support Base (MONUSCO).
The Property Control and Inventory Assistant at this level reports to the Property Management Officer or the Associate Property Management Officer. The Property Control and Inventory Assistant is responsible for participation in various phases of the physical verification of assets within the mission, He/she also assists the Supervisor in efficient management, accountability of property control in accordance with UN Regulations and Rules, manuals and relevant guidance, as well as in the effective tracking, monitoring, and reporting of all inventory transactions and property management related activities.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Within delegated authority, the Property Control and Inventory Assistant will carry out the following duties:
• Assists in maintaining accurate and auditable property records in electronic inventory management system for property control and accountability in line with the administrative instructions, guidelines, manuals and SOPs. Assists in conducting physical inspections and quality control of the mission United Nations property to ensure that all items are accounted for and in serviceable condition.
• Updates all physical verification records in electronic inventory management system.
• Assists in identifying anomalies and/or discrepancies during the physical verification exercise.
• Assists in the preparation of statistical analysis and trend analysis on United Nations property.
• Performs other duties as required. Competencies:
• Professionalism: Knowledge of the Organization's rules and regulations as they pertain to supply, purchasing and logistics. Demonstrated use of initiative and ability to make appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipate next steps. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations.
• Planning & Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary, uses time efficiently.
• Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing other ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Qualifications required to perform the assigned duties of the post.
High school diploma or recognized equivalent is required.
• A minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the field of property management, inventory control, logistics, procurement or other related fields is required.
• Experience working within an international organization or non-governmental organization
• in a conflict or post-conflict setting is desirable. Working experience in a multicultural and/or international work environment is desirable.
• Experience in the use of an Inventory management system is desirable. Computer literacy in word processing, excel, spreadsheets is required Experience in the use of SAP/Umoja, Business Intelligence applications is desirable. Languages
• English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
• For this position, fluency in oral and written English is required.
Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your application invalid for this process.
Job application procedure
All applicants must apply using a Personal History
Profile generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org ) as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening. 3. All applications must be accompanied by the following which MUST be provided at the time of submission:
• Signed Personal History Profile (PHP) as generated from INSPIRA (visit https://inspira.un.org to generate an account and the PHP) submitted as a PDF or JPEG attachment to the document.
• Latest performance evaluation report (for internal UN Candidates).
• Copy of High School Diploma.
• Copies of other relevant certificates and diplomas.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY APPLICATIONS SUBMITTED TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS: email@example.com WILL BE CONSIDERED. NO HAND-DELIVERED APPLICATIONS WILL BE ACCEPTED.
PLEASE ENTER THE REFERENCE OF THE JOB OPENING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
Evaluation of qualified candidates will include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
Each applicant must bear in mind that submission of incomplete or inaccurate applications will render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening. "Initial screening and evaluation of applications will be conducted based on the information submitted. Applications cannot be amended after submission.
This position is funded for an initial period of one (1) year and may be subject to extension.
The position is OPEN TO NATIONALS OF UGANDA AND / OR LEGAL RESIDENTS OF UGANDA ONLY.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.